Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious what you folks with suppressors have decided on for the P17.

I'd love to hear about your suppressor choice (and details like length, weight), whether the sights play well with it, how it functions (better/worse with different loads?) and any other highlights. Pictures are encouraged.

I'm considering going in for a Q Erector, but my suppressor journey is very much just starting out.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sorry, I can't help but I'm replying because I'm interested in the same topic. I just saw a review for the Witt Machine "Canooter Valve" ultra compact that seemed like a good option. Then there's always those fuel filter cans that might work ok for .22LR.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy, I have had my P17 for a while now and I use my Elite Iron Echo Lite 6" titanium suppressor on it all the time. It works great on the pistol and doesn't obscure the sights.
They offer a 5" version as well. I just use mine on a few different .22's as well as my .22 Mag and .17HMR, that is why I chose the 6" version.
My point of impact shifted slightly suppressed vs unsuppressed, but after talking with the folks at Elite Iron, they told me how to time the baffles on the suppressor to mitigate that.
Once I adjusted the baffles it hits perfectly. I just made a mark on the suppressor on where to adjust the baffles to when shooting this gun, and then I can easily move it back to where it works great for my other .22's. Only takes a couple minutes.
Good luck in your quest for a suppressor. They are very nice and worth the wait once you have one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am running a SilencerCo Sparrow 22. Gun has fed flawlessly with a variety of standard velocity, high velocity, and sub sonics (around 1k total rounds fired with no failures). Everyone loves to shoot it but there have been a few people that mentioned blowback being irritating...personally I guess I just didn't notice it. The P17 feels better balanced with the can than my Smith & Wesson 422 4.5" barrel...and is certainly quieter. I have friend who makes custom leather holsters and hopping she can design something that makes the gun able to be carried with the suppressor on...but we will see. I got the P17 for my wife to carry once we moved onto a ranch given she isn't a huge fan of shooting due to the loud volume and weight of the guns. Lately I have been carrying it because it is so much more comfortable all day compared to my CZ P07. Gonna need to find another P17 at some point so that we can work on her confidence with firearms and willingness to carry one while still allowing me to carry one.

The sights are not impacted by the addition of the suppressor which is also nice.

Here is the Sparrow 22 info from SilencerCos website:
CALIBER COMPATIBILITY22LR, 17 WSM, 17 HMR, 22 MAG, 22 WMR, 22 HORNET, 5.7 X 28 MM
RATED FOR FULL AUTO FIRE WITH 22LR ONLY
TOTAL LENGTH5.08
WEIGHT6.5 oz
DIAMETER1.06"
MUZZLE AVERAGE22 LR: 112.7 dB
17 HMR: 124.5 dB
5.7 X 28 MM: 127.7 dB
MATERIALSStainless Steel
SKUSU75
MSRP$ 374

2F564644-0873-46A3-804C-BE32EE7719CB.jpeg 84DE7AB8-61FA-4323-BCF8-9F646CCB2460.jpeg ABAEB32C-ABFF-4442-AEFD-567FC6CA5FDF.jpeg 6F209DF5-D617-438E-962B-3470FF6257E6.jpeg F949A92E-B384-4123-82B4-DF9A68B9A7CF.jpeg

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a cheap Rebel .22 can and it works perfectly on my P17. One of my most fun pistols. Now inspired to add it to the range bag for this Sunday!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get ready for some butthurt. After the 1st mag, you'll kick yourself for not getting one sooner!;)
so true. My big regret is that I kept buying guns that would make great suppressor hosts...and then tried to save for the suppressor and something would pop up. Trying to remind myself that the next time I want a suppressed firearm to buy the can first...will have plenty of time to get the host weapon while I wait on the paperwork.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am looking at the "BItty" by bowers group. It would be in good scale with the p17 and look good on my ruger 10/22. I don't know if it would be quiet enough for me. I guess it is a trade off size for decibels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A question for anyone who has a suppressor on their p17. Can the stock sights still be used with a 1 inch diameter suppressor?. The other can I am looking at is the rugged oculus and it is a little more than 1 inch diameter. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
A question for anyone who has a suppressor on their p17. Can the stock sights still be used with a 1 inch diameter suppressor?. The other can I am looking at is the rugged oculus and it is a little more than 1 inch diameter. Thanks
if you look at the pictures I posted in this thread, the last picture is of the sights with the suppressor on the gun (cant even tell the can is on there). The sparrow is listed at 1.06" so sights are good to go with the oculus since it is listed as 1.06" as well. I wasn't familiar with the oculus until your comment..man I wish I had gone that route.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I should have read the posts more careful before asking the question...I hate it when people do that and then I went and did it...sorry. Great picture,Thanks. The problem with the oculus is finding one in stock. They seem to be as hard to get as a p17..lol.

·
Registered
214 Posts
... and then tried to save for the suppressor...will have plenty of time to get the host weapon while I wait on the paperwork.
a quick and affordable way is to apply for an ATF eFrom 1 to make your own firearm. last time i looked (about a year ago) wait time was about two months. most people go this route because we want to make a premium customized suppressor that cannot be purchased off the shelf, but there is nothing that stops you from using the wait time to order one of those bullsh*t aluminum "fuel filters" from china and, when 1) ATF has approved and 2) the "fuel filter" arrived, put your serial on it, drill the baffles and you've got yourself a legal, reasonably effective $10 suppressor. generally speaking it may not make sense to build a low quality aluminum suppressor on a $200 form since you cant legally replace parts in it once its complete (i think), but for 22lr you should get a lot of life out of even chicom aluminium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
a quick and affordable way is to apply for an ATF eFrom 1 to make your own firearm. last time i looked (about a year ago) wait time was about two months. most people go this route because we want to make a premium customized suppressor that cannot be purchased off the shelf
I've sort of wondered about this, as I'm the daughter of a machinist (deceased) and I'm sure if my Dad were alive still, this would be a "project" just to have something to tinker with in the garage. Since he owned the Shop, he had dups of lots of the machines and tools set up in our garage at home for retirement - but his heart didn't last long enough for him to retire. I was the only child and even my Mom is gone now, so they are all mine. I know how to use most of them, although it's been more than 40 years since I have, along side my Dad. I guess I should start boning up by watching some YouTube videos - there seems to be one out there for everything!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts