Is $318.00 A good Price?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ir_investigator, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ir_investigator

ir_investigator New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    I am pricing the P-3AT a local store for $318.00, is this a good price? Also, he said that if I order the gun that I get whatever comes in... I am wanting the chrome. Is this true?

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I picked up a blued P3-AT a few days ago for $241 out the door. I could of gotten the HC for $20 more.

3. george

george Guest

ir_investigator
    I thank that is a tad hi.
    I paid $218.00 4 years ago. Why not look more?
    Jest my $.02.
    Geo. ::)

4. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    That's high even for a Hard Chromed,
    Very high for a Parkerized,
    and WAY overpriced for a blued.

Depending on location, the prices I've seen lately are about;
    $240 - 270 for blued
    $250 - 290 for parkerized
    $280 - 320 for hard chrome

I've never heard of charging the same price for all three types, but it's their shop and they can run it as they please.

It's like buying a car for a set price and then accepting what ever model the dealer wants to give you. ::)

5. Chuck-Baby

Chuck-Baby New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    I got mine at a gunshow for $269 plus the governor's cut. It is a sweet little parkerized baby. I was in a sporting goods store here in Northeastern Mississippi and saw a pair of them in there for the same price, different colors. IMHO, me thinks the $318 is a tad salty.

6. With the 3AT availability right now... it is a sellers market.

I have bought 3 of these guns for myself, and have been with friends at gun shows for 4 more. I have never paid more than $250 out the door for a blued.

I recall paying a tad overr $300 out the door for my Chromed Navy Grip.

BUT...aint she purty?

[​IMG]

7. ir_investigator

Mar 4, 2008
    Well, I thank everyone for the information... I will be searching around more here in north MS. I don't want to be drug under the bus here but I have been looking at the new Ruger LCP also.

8. ir... I am in North Louisiana... so I would think the price should not be that much of a spread between your location and mine.

9. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    check gunbroker.com, I got my HC there for 280

Dana

10. namwal

namwal New Member

May 7, 2007
    Price is relevant to what part of the country you are in. I bought my hard chrome at a gun show in south Texas in May 07 for $290 (before tax and extra mag). Always shop around.

11. extremist

extremist New Member

Mar 4, 2008
    CDNN has them for $219 in the latest catalog, but you'd need to add shipping & transfer costs (unless you're connected).

12. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    no

13. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    No, I have seen them as low as $270 here in AZ just a few weeks ago and in stock in Tucson.

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    That price is way too high. I paid $245 + 7% tax, and got a free box of ammo (Gold Dots) in the deal.

Take a look at the following link. If this pistol is still available, the price for the package is very attractive, IMHO.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1203971185

15. Zell

Zell New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I paid $260 for mine about a month ago here in Utah.

16. ir_investigator

Mar 4, 2008
    Well, I went back in and the seller had them at $275.00!! Alot better. Still would like to compare to the LCP before purchase.

17. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

Speaking of the LCP, my local northern AZ gun shop owner told me he got two of them in on Monday (RUGER is in northern AZ) and he sold both of them within hours.
    They also might be hard to come by for a while until the newness wears off. You'll probably have to be patient if you want to compare both KELTEC and RUGER side by side...

18. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    or be lucky enough to live next to me...

:cool:

19. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    ok RJ,

How do they really compare?

20. dgreer

dgreer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I picked up my P3AT for 230.00 with a box of WWB and an Uncle Mike's pocket holster...out the door price.

Yesterday I saw a new SUB 2000 for 319.00 at my local gun shop so I think you should keep shopping for a while.. These little guns are a hot commodity right now and the low supply has raised the price. The biggest hassle as you have seen, is that the shops are just selling whatever they can get...if you want a special order your wait is even longer. Unless you get lucky!

Good luck with your hunt.

DG