Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my G17 Gen 2 Sub2k (new) several months ago the irons were canted off to one side and the gun could not be sighted in. I removed the front sight and ran the gun with a red dot for awhile with good results, but recently decided to put the front sight back on. I got it to the range the other day.

The windage is now right on, but the elevation is off. Even with the sight turned down as far as it will go, the gun shoots high. It's ok at 10-15 yards, but at 25 it's off by about 1.5" or more.

I'm not really sure what else to try here. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Even with the sight turned down as far as it will go, the gun shoots high. It's ok at 10-15 yards, but at 25 it's off by about 1.5" or more.

I'm not really sure what else to try here. Any ideas?
Not sure what you mean by "turned down". The shorter the front sight is, the higher the gun will shoot.
To make the gun shoot lower, make the front sight taller.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Blake is correct. With all the adjustments on the front sight you "chase" the holes. As in brace the gun, shoot a group, brace it again with your sights on your original point of aim, and adjust the sight to the group. Then aim at a clean spot and shoot another group to verify.

Reactions: none and haugrdr

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the manual, you move the sight post counter-clockwise (up) to move the bullet impact down. You move the sight post clockwise (down) to move the bullet impact up. In my original attempt to sight in the gun the post was as far down as it would go and the bullet impact was lower then where I was aiming.

At any rate, I backed the sight back out and took the gun out again yesterday (my first chance in the last month). This time it was only off a bit at 25 yards and only took a slight adjustment to fix. I guess I can't rule out that the post isn't on and is moving a bit but at least it works at the moment.

In unrelated news, I found some Jagemann mags at my local sporting goods store for $9.99 and tried a few. I'd say they are good or better than the Magpul glock mags I have. And that price is well below what they seem to go for online. So a mag to keep an eye out for if you need any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.