Introducing Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by billjohnso20, Oct 16, 2009.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Hi all,

I received a PM from a long-time KTOGer who wished to remain anonymous on October 7. I cannot say it better. So, I will let Snowleopard's words speak for themselves.

I've never been one to name a gun. I don't have anything against the practice; I've just never done it. Until now. I have decided to name my P3AT Snow Leopard in order to say thank you to whomever Snowleopard is and to honor the memory of his or her mother.

Since Charles Rice at C.R. Sales Firearms here in KCMO doesn't plate the slide components, I decided to buy the hard chrome components from KT. I received a new HC extractor, HC extractor spring, HC extractor screw, and a HC assembly pin in the mail today along with a new set of recoil springs and a new guide rod. I also took some extra time to re-polish the barrel shroud so that the visible part of the barrel was just as shiny as the slide. Here are the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thank you, Snowleopard, whomever you are. I hope to also be a blessing to someone else soon. Once my wife finds a job, I have some things in mind I want to do. Her interview Wednesday went well. We're praying for a call back next week.

I know this is not the TP but for anyone interested, Charles Rice charges $30.00 for a slide and $10.00 for the mag tubes. He is located in Independence, MO, and can be reached at 816-252-7000. $5.00 covers return shipping for those who need to ship.

Peace and Grace,
    David

2. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Very nice David.
    Very cool snowleopard :cool:

3. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    That is one very cool looking P3AT. If everyone had the character and charity of Snow Leopard this world would be a much better place and there may be little need for personal defense weapons. Snow Leopard, I salute you.

4. WesKCMO

WesKCMO New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Kansas City, Missouri
    very cool... I was hoping you would like his work. I'm glad you inquired about shipping for the rest of the KTOGers as I didn't have the chance the day I was there (His store was very busy that day).

I should look into getting the HC components for my AT as well. All my slide components are still black (which kinda contrasts well actually, but I like shiny... lol) The only thing I did was have him polish the head of the assembly pin for me. About how much was the tag for all the mentioned parts from KT?

5. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    This thread made my day!
    A big Atta Boy to Snow Leopard. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bobo

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008