Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No it's not the disconnector. After taking weapon down to the lower, was able to reproduce the hammer hang intermittently as when shooting. Two things were evident;

1. while looking front to rear from trigger to hammer - my sear #244 was obviously canted toward the right side of the lower, engaging the sear bar #230 and sear trip #254 approximately 0.002+ of an inch off the left side of the sear bar and an equal amount off the right side of the sear trip.
2. After resetting the hammer and it not releasing - then pulling the hammer down farther by hand - I could hear the trigger bar #248 or sear reset. Once reset hammer would fall when trigger was pulled.

Any one have similar observations/ issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me back up! I love my RFB... She's an old under 500 Gen-1 (about 1K rds) & she continues to be a great piece of ingenuity. But, IMHO all things made & used will show wear. I've only had two issues and between TheKTOG and the great folks at Kel-Tec I have always found more solutions than problems.
That said, I need HELP!
Digging deeper... looks as if the sear is hanging on the left edge and top of the trip perhaps do to the cant described above. I think I see what's happening but, still not sure why. And finding the WHY always come before a solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RonMar thanks for the post. Called them 1st thing this morning and they were, as usual- the best in being helpful. Of course they asked me to send it in, and with good reason. I'm in the process of reassembling the lower now - for shipping as a Valentine present of course.
Was really wanting to know if others noticed like observations of their sear's position. Easy enough w/o diassebly. Most, I'm guessing have not cracked the nut.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
RonMar thanks for the post. Called them 1st thing this morning and they were, as usual- the best in being helpful. Of course they asked me to send it in, and with good reason. I'm in the process of reassembling the lower now - for shipping as a Valentine present of course.
Was really wanting to know if others noticed like observations of their sear's position. Easy enough w/o diassebly. Most, I'm guessing have not cracked the nut.
I have not noticed what you are seeing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.