Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

13921 - 13940 of 13952 Posts

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
'K two vids. One is history that ties in the foist forensic ballistic stuffs.

the second is a 1955 'film' of the '55 formula 1 at Monaco Grand Prix. The voice is the standard '50' anouncer guy voice. The vehicles are cool. To me, they seem like the wwii fighter vibe mushed into cars. Me likey. Check it out.

pm me for full refund if not satisfied.

Lop

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Anyone else ordered stuff from CDNN before? I've bought ammo and parts and such from them over the years, but it's been at least a year or so since the last time I ordered anything from 'em. Currently on my account, it says everything is shipped, but it doesn't provide any tracking info whatsoever. Can't remember if they ever sent me a tracking number and shipping info when they actually sent stuff out in the past, or if it just kinda shows up on your doorstep one day as somewhat of a surprise...? :confused:

I'm sure they're bogged down with all of the panic-buying that's already been happening prior to today, which might explain any delays. I'm sure it's going to be 1000% worse now that the election results are in and people are panic-buying EVERYTHING now. Heck, the LGS was kinda-sorta busy last week around Halloween, but two days ago, the place was absolutely SWAMPED as election results started to trick in. Now that the election's been called ... yikes. Good luck finding ANYTHING in stock ANYWHERE ... like, for the next couple years (or worse). It's like 2012 all over again. :(

At least I have a pretty good stock of ammo on hand this time to hold me over for quite some time. Especially since I can't ever get to the darned range because it's either swamped with a line all the way out into the parking lot, or they're just not allowing anything except members and/or appointments set up WEEKS in advance. What's worse, we haven't had diddly-squat for rain AT ALL this year, even during our so-called "monsoon" season, so the fire restrictions have been in place since June and there's nowhere to shoot legally in the desert now. Soooo, all that ammo's probably gonna last me quite awhile. Can't burn up ammo if I can't find a place to shoot it, right? le sigh Good God, I'm ready for 2020 to be over... :poop:

P.S. These new Samsung/Apple lookin' emojis are blah. I miss the ol' animated ones.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I hadn't noticed that change tothe emoticons. At least uploading works if a little more labor intensive. The following is a test not a comment.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I dunno where to access them anymore. The "smilies" button on here just gives a bunch of static blah ones like you'd find on a cell phone. Once again, my age continues to show as I not only fail to keep up with all the latest n' greatest whizbang technology things, but I simultaneously grumble about any kinds of change and how things just ain't the way they used to be...

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I found that one somewhere on the intertubz a few years ago & saved it to my computer.

BTW, I also don't like the new ones now that they have ben brought to my attention.

DW, you are getting a head start on being a "cranky old fart". I did that myself. Highly recommend it. Practice makes perfect. ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I dunno where to access them anymore. The "smilies" button on here just gives a bunch of static blah ones like you'd find on a cell phone. Once again, my age continues to show as I not only fail to keep up with all the latest n' greatest whizbang technology things, but I simultaneously grumble about any kinds of change and how things just ain't the way they used to be...

I don't recall giving you permission to post my picture!

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
FINALLY got some range time today (with wifey, too):

1. My happy lil' hard-chromed Kel-Tec P11 is ... well, exactly what I expected. Not really pleasant to shoot, with its snappy recoil, narrow trigger that pinches my finger and has a reeeeeeally long reset (I constantly kept short-stroking the trigger on follow-up shots, even in slow fire) ... BUT! It always went bang and I was able to keep everything in a reasonable grouping at about 7 yards, and it gobbles 124gr Federal HST's without a problem. One round was kinda slow to chamber halfway through a mag - like, "BANG-ka-chunk" - but it never actually jammed nor did it have any issues with ejection. Wait, scratch that. I had an issue with the way it ejected empties ... straight back at my face. Got nailed in the forehead a few times, one of them good enough to break the skin lightly and leave a red mark. That'll teach me not to wear a hat like usual. Anyway. After 50 rounds of FMJ and about 20 rounds of HST's, I'm calling it certified as being good enough to be my new bedside pew-pew; :)
2. The Taurus 692 is ... okay. Trigger's good, accuracy is good, recoil is okay ... but it's all just ... so ... okay. Meh. Yawn. I dunno. Shot it side-by-side with my 5" Chiappa Rhino. The Rhino has a sharper recoil impulse with .357 Mag because of its lighter weight and wood grip (versus the Taurus's thick rubber grip, heavy stainless frame, and ported 6.5" barrel), but somehow the Rhino felt like it shot softer with .38 Specials. And 9mm's out of the Taurus feel softer than standard-pressure .38's. I got it way back when, thinking "Hey, a 9mm revolver is cheaper to shoot than .38/.357 and this does both!" but now 9mm is darn near impossible to find and, if you do, it costs as much as .38/.357, sooooo ... kinda don't have a real reason to even have the thing now. Thinkin' it's gonna go bye-bye. Not a bad gun at all, just ... meh;
3. The Ruger Single Six Buntline (.22 LR/.22 WMR) is one of those cases of "it seemed a lot cooler when I was a kid." Looks neat and all, kinda-sorta scratches the cowboy itch (my Henry rifles satisfy that craving MUCH better :D ), and it's more-or-less accurate enough ... in the right hands. Definitely not in my hands. That is, it shot really tight groups, but always in a weird location that varied with each hold I tried on it. Shoot with two hands like any other revolver, and it'd print straight right; shoot with one hand, bladed off old-school duelist style, and it would go high right; double my left thumb over behind my right after thumbing back the hammer, and it would hit dead center ... mostly. It ain't the gun, it's me, because I've had the same weird issues with every single-action revolver I've ever shot. No such problems shooting double-action or single-action with the Taurus or Rhino or P11, but the Single Six ... annoying. I've just never figured out how the heck to properly hold one, I guess. Not sure if I should hang onto it for nostalgia purposes or already send it back into the wild already, alongside the Taurus;
4. Wifey's PMR30 had some random weird issues with not liking Armscor ammo today. Dunno if it's just how she loaded the mags or what, since it always ran like a top with that ammo before. It gobbled up the Fiocchi 40gr stuff without an issue, though, and I think the PMR30 is now wifey's new favorite range plinkin' gun. For now, anyway. :)
5. The outdoor range at East Mesa had a line way around the main entrance. The indoor range about 20 minutes away was hardly busy at all. Weird. Not much else to say, other than ... whether it's indoor or outdoor, a day (or at least a couple of hours) at the range always beats a day at work. :)

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Aaaaaaand CDNN finally sent me a FedEx tracking thing ... on the day it's scheduled to be delivered. LOL

Well, at least wifey will be here to make sure to bring it inside so it doesn't get porch-pirated or rained on.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Okay. I was wrong. It didn't take me 45 minutes. It took me an hour to poke together my AR lower. It's been a few years, so I'm rusty. As always, those darned hammer and trigger springs were what gave me the biggest issues. The front detent/spring for the front takedown pin was actually the easiest part, and I didn't even need a spare pin to make it work - just used my lil' fingers and some careful maneuvering. :)

And it didn't help that Larry Potterfield from Midway USA kept his fat fingers in the way of everything I needed to see in his how-to video that I had to review to freshen my memory. :p

Anyway. I got it together, and now instead of oiling it up all proper-like and installing an optic, I've gotta run to work. Darn it. No time to play with new toys. Adulting is no fun sometimes. :(

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Rassen Frassen personal integrity schmegrity.

I dropped my bike today.

There. I said it.

Dagnabbit.

Bought her in August of '18 with 3006 miles. It is now November '20 and 20,000 Plus miles.
My foist bike ever.

Dropped her from my being shtupid.

Foist day of my Vacation. Worked this morn, but off by noon. Wife and I headed out to the marina for a nice sail (7mph winds, 60's, bright blue sky with strong, hard winter sun, and a soft teal/rose sun set) Pulled into the parking spot and stopped with the front wheel turned pretty hard to the right and just lost it. SSLLOOWW drop to the right. Small scrape to the bar end mirror. No one hurt (my pride not included).

So, Did anyone get hurt? Nope. Was anything broken? not really. Snug up the mirror and re-black the scratchy part. Did I learn anything? WELL... I learned sompfin I thought I knew but apparently needed to learn better. I was in the process of dropping it when the voice of the guy from MC Rider was going thru my head. Short version was 'don't do what you are doing'.

Dammit.

Had a great sail. Really nice day too. Oh, I'm on vacation too, did I mention that?

Didn't put a scratch on that pretty bike that I DROPPED TODAY.

To quote Dark 'Le sigh....'

Lop

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
It happens eventually. The only bike I've ever dropped was one I wasn't even on at the time. A year or two ago, I was doing an oil change on the 2016 CBR500R that I had at the time, and I forget if I was trying to lift the rear or lower it back down with the rear stand that I had. Well, that rear stand was a cheap-o and pretty flimsy, so it flexed/twisted slightly enough to unhook from one of the rear spools and the darn bike tipped over. I had frame sliders on it already, and they did their job by not allowing the plastics to get damaged, but I did score a couple of scratches on the weighted bar end and the factory mirror. What hurt the most is that the bike was almost flawless prior to that, so I was pretty much the one to put the first scratches on that bike. :( Invested in a better rear stand after that (Pitbull brand, WAY more beefy and secure) and it hasn't happened since. One of those "Buy once, cry once" learning experiences with gear.

I've had a few "oh crap" moments where I was close to dropping or dumping a bike, usually involving gravel or sand on top of pavement, but ... so far, so good. It's more a matter of when and not if, though, I'm sure. Either that, or someone will pull out in front of me someday and ... ouch. (That reminds me, I probably should invest in a body cam or GoPro or something in case of such an event...)

Wifey dropped her Sportster at the end of the driveway maybe a month after she first started riding. Came to a stop at the end of the drive and when she put her foot down on the pea gravel/dirt surface, her foot slid and the bike kept on tipping over that way. Plop. Literally ZERO damage to the bike from laying over in the dirt - seriously, not even a scratch, I was amazed. Mainly I was glad she had the presence of mind to keep her foot/leg out of the way so it didn't get pinned under the bike as it tipped over.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Welllllll, I has a sad now. Was cleaning my newly-acquired NAA Hog Leg pew-pew, supposedly chambered in .22 WMR, and I went to drop a round in there to make sure the cylinder was clean and didn't have any grit in the chambers to prevent the rounds from fully seating. Guess what. Wouldn't seat. Like ... at all. Because it ain't a .22 WMR cylinder. It's a .22 LR. Ugh. :(

The frame's marked .22 Magnum, but I guess nobody at the LGS checked the cylinder that came with it to see if it was a .22 LR or .22 WMR because, at a glance, they look the same. Wellllllll, poo. Now I've gotta contact North American Arms and arrange to send my lil' pew-pew up to Utah with super-expensive overnight shipping to and from for a $50 cylinder (the shipping supposedly costs as much as the cylinder EACH WAY ... grrrrr) so they can properly fit/time a .22 WMR cylinder for it. le sigh Such is my life.

Oh well. At least the M&P 15-22 is basically brand new and (at least in theory) shouldn't hold any sad surprises. Scored a couple of extra 25-round mags from Grabagun for $25 apiece, so not crazy expensive for those, and they already shipped it out the same day I ordered - neat-o!

Here's to hoping the NAA office is open on weekends, otherwise I've gotta wait until next Friday to even place an order... :/

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welllllll, I has a sad now. Was cleaning my newly-acquired NAA Hog Leg pew-pew, supposedly chambered in .22 WMR, and I went to drop a round in there to make sure the cylinder was clean and didn't have any grit in the chambers to prevent the rounds from fully seating. Guess what. Wouldn't seat. Like ... at all. Because it ain't a .22 WMR cylinder. It's a .22 LR. Ugh. :(

The frame's marked .22 Magnum, but I guess nobody at the LGS checked the cylinder that came with it to see if it was a .22 LR or .22 WMR because, at a glance, they look the same. Wellllllll, poo. Now I've gotta contact North American Arms and arrange to send my lil' pew-pew up to Utah with super-expensive overnight shipping to and from for a $50 cylinder (the shipping supposedly costs as much as the cylinder EACH WAY ... grrrrr) so they can properly fit/time a .22 WMR cylinder for it. le sigh Such is my life.

Oh well. At least the M&P 15-22 is basically brand new and (at least in theory) shouldn't hold any sad surprises. Scored a couple of extra 25-round mags from Grabagun for $25 apiece, so not crazy expensive for those, and they already shipped it out the same day I ordered - neat-o!

Here's to hoping the NAA office is open on weekends, otherwise I've gotta wait until next Friday to even place an order... :/
You should probably tell them you want the 22LR cylinder back when they ship your pistol back, shouldn't you?

Reactions: RAT76

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
From what I've read online, you have to send in the gun, itself, to have the new cylinder fitted/timed, but I don't think they need the current one to go with it. Guess I'll find out whenever I get hold of 'em to order one. They're closed on weekeds, soooo ... maybe Monday morning. le sigh

13921 - 13940 of 13952 Posts