Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

13801 - 13820 of 13916 Posts

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Whelp ... here we are, just finished week #19 out of 24 in academy ... and one of the folks in our class tested positive for COVD-19. :eek:

Totally sucks for them, because once you're diagnosed, you're mandated to "quarantine" for 14 days. And AZPOST rules dictate you can only miss a maximum of 20 hours (which equals 2 days, since we usually do 10-hour days) before you either have to recycle or quit/be terminated. To get sooooo darned close, and then ... the 'Rona. Ugh. I feel for 'em. :(

As such, they made EVERYONE get tested. I got swabbed this morning. ACK! I think they went deep enough up my nose that some of my brains came out with it. :p Hopefully, nobody else tests positive. Nobody else that I know of it showing symptoms yet, soooo ... hope it stays this way. But the schedule's all wonky now because they're ordering us to stay at home next week, and being that we're doing all hands-on stuff now and not classroom/lecture stuff, I dunno what they will or CAN have us do remotely for that week. Getting really iffy now as to whether or not our graduation date's going to be affected. Just gotta keep them fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for the next 4 weeks and hope we don't lose anyone else...

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I do like the history guy.

You would have made me spray coffee on my keyboard, if I'd been drinking coffee.

Looks like Oklahoma is over testing as well. I think we'll continue to stay home. I'm liking this lifestyle. I'll probably never enter a grocery store again. Having a personal online shopper is great.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not to worry , it will all be over soon .

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not at all, either there will be a vaccination or everyone will have been exposed. Either way it will have run it’s course.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I think we will pass on being exposed. I really don't want to take the chance of either my wife or myself dying or having lasting complications.

At our age it is not an acceptable risk. Since I live somewhere that too many people are not wearing masks & I don't think the fear-for-my-life defense probably wouldn't fly in this case I think we'll stay home.

The time I save is being productively used. I'm getting things cleaned up, sorted & disposed of. Heck, I may even get around to putting my scooter back together.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I hear you, we haven’t been off of the property in more than 2 months. I’m hoping for a vaccine, because I don’t think it can be avoided for ever.

Reactions: RAT76

·
Grand Poobah
2,249 Posts
Like I said before I like all music ( except boom boom) even rap.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Whelp ... I'm officially a statistic. Got the call this morning. I'm positive for the 'Rona. :(

No symptoms, aside from a slightly diminished sense of taste/smell. No fever, no shortness of breath, no coughing fits, no nothin'. Heck, I just rode my bicycle almost 6 miles yesterday without feeling any different than normal. :confused:

At the same time, I'm hearing from everyone else that we have like 6 or 7 people total that've tested positive and also are asymptomatic (SO FAR - others still awaiting results or haven't tested yet). Sooooo, dunno what their plan is at this point - suspend classes for everyone for a couple of weeks and let the healing process (and those awaiting test results) run their course, or what. Just ... ugh. Get within 4 weeks of graduation, and now this. Hopefully, this won't cause me to be recycled - that's 5 months of my life wasted that I won't get back. Still waiting to hear more details/updates on what their response will be for everyone. In the meantime ... sigh ... guess I'll be watching a LOT of Netflix, PlutoTV, and YouTube for the next couple o' weeks... :(

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
DW- that's a tough break. Hope it gets no worse for you and that they'll find a way for all affected in your class to continue without having to be recycled.

·
Registered
216 Posts
DW, that is a tough break for you. Take care of yourself first and let the "class" issues work themselves out. Best wishes to you and yours. Hopefully this gets sorted and you get back on track.

Reactions: darkwriter77

·
Registered
835 Posts
DW , with your luck I would have bet good money on you contracting it. I believe your luck is a lot like mine. We probably should never fly on the same plane. Hopefully they won’t make you start over and will just let you and the other guys just finish up what y’all missed. I’ll keep positive thoughts about it. Good luck !

·
Registered
90 Posts
My thoughts on the Chinese virus are the same as my granddaughter's saying... 'Ya get what ya get and don't throw a fit' (she's 4)

I'm 65 and have a touch of asthma

I'm not letting a virus that is maybe, just maybe, only twice as lethal as the flu change my life and reduce my liberties

YMMV

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
My thoughts on the Chinese virus are the same as my granddaughter's saying... 'Ya get what ya get and don't throw a fit' (she's 4)
That kiddo's wise beyond her years. I'm-a start using that phrase with The Kid the next time he whines about something. And then I'm sure Wifey will use it against me later when *I'M* the one whining about something. :D

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Here in Arkansas, 15% of the cases are over 65 years old. 70% of those over 65 that contract COV19 die. Since I am a bit (17 years) over 65, I chose to take it seriously.
I'm 69 & Joyce is over 60 as well. We live in Oklahoma less than 50 miles from Arkansas. Don't know our stats off the top of my head but I know they are bad & getting worse rapidly.

We have been taking this seriously since January & have self isolated since early March. Except for once a week pickup of our online grocery order we don't leave the property.

Everything else is ordered online & shipped to my driveway, not my porch.

Have pretty much 2 years stocked up on non perishables, toiletries etc. Food is a 2-4 month cushion & reorder as I use it. Spices & such I have at least a year if not 2.

Pet food comes in once a month from Chewy & Tractor Supply. We order in bulk to get the free shipping & have a few critters to say the least.

I have done a curbside pickup for plywood to repair the laundry closet floor & 1500 pounds of pine bedding pellets for cat litter. I use a 40 pound bag a week & I'm going to replace what I use once a month. I've had this item go away a few years back & THAT was grim.

We don't plan on changing anything for the foreseeable future. And I can see a looooong way.

Yep, we are taking this seriously. We have to. Too damn many people around my neck of the woods aren't even trying to help control the spread of thing.

Wearing a mask is NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT OR A REPRESSION OF FREEDOM!!! It is something that everyone should be doing, NOT to protect themselves but to keep from spreading their cooties to someone else. A person can have this, show no symptoms & be contagious as hell.

This is not the flu. No one has resistance to it. It is highly contagious and we've only started this epidemic. Masks are all we got right now. Masks, social distancing & staying away from people.

A vaccine may never be developed for this bug & it damn sure isn't going to be done in 6 months. I'm a firm believer in science, data & medical expertise. NOT wishful thinking, fairy tales & snake oil.

pants.jpg

13801 - 13820 of 13916 Posts