Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

13781 - 13800 of 13918 Posts

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
guys,
I'm sorry. For you, not for them. They 'won'. So did you both too, but in a harder fashion.
Well done, let us know when you re-up.

Lop, Ivy, Trigger, Annabel, Rosa, Iris, Penne, and Bangles

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Thanks guys, Nikki was the oldest. 15 feline & 4 canine kiddies left. It was her time & she went easy. A good thing since "last trip to the vet" wasn't an option this time.

·
Administrator
31,910 Posts
Sorry Rat. It takes a while to bounce back. I lost my dog pal Rudy a little more than year ago. He was pushing 17. It took me a year to put his stuff away and I'm still not ready to replace him.

Reactions: FLT and HatRon56

·
Registered
458 Posts
Condolences Mtn Chef. We lost our Yorkie, Buster, just last month. It is always gut wrenching when you lose your fur children. Time and perhaps another pal will help dull your ache.

·
Administrator
31,910 Posts
mtn_chef - just noticed your loss. My condolences.
Perhaps Charlie-Bear and Rudy will meet in doggie heaven.

"Heaven goes by favor; if it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in."
- Mark Twain
862702645.jpeg

·
Grand Poobah
2,249 Posts
Sorry about you loss, they are like 4 legged kids....

·
Grand Poobah
2,249 Posts
Sorry Rat. It takes a while to bounce back. I lost my dog pal Rudy a little more than year ago. He was pushing 17. It took me a year to put his stuff away and I'm still not ready to replace him.
We put our Maltese's favorite toys and id's and collar ina zip lock bag....
She's buried right behind those red tulips...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Wellllllllll, poo. Just when the LGS was starting to get back up to speed and get things in stock again, actually having some stuff to look at and slobber over and such ... then there were riots. Guess what? Everything's just as cleaned out now as it was at the beginning of the pandemic when everyone started panic-buying for THAT reason. And being an election year, people are inevitably going to panic-buy MORE this fall. Ugh.

Oh well. At least I have a fair amount of ammo in all calibers on-hand already, and plenty of .22 LR to last me quite awhile. And at least there was a lot of .22 LR at the LGS, as well as .45 ACP, 10mm, .22 WMR, and .38/.357. About the only things that had been bought up heavily were 9mm hollow points (they still had some FMJ's left, but only in Magtech - yuck), all things 12 gauge, and 5.56/.223 (they only had a few odd loads here and there left, like expensive frangible range ammo or blanks). Seems pretty obvious what the Valley folks favor for their home defense and CCW purposes... ;)

They did also have one of those Rock Island XTM22's on hand. Even though I've given up on 1911's at least twice by now, that particular one has kinda been tempting me because it's an alternative to the PMR-30 (which is pretty awesome in its own right) with the slightly better ergos of a 1911 platform and an all-metal construction that just looks and feels classy. Not sure what I'd ever do with one, but still ... neat.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Yesterday morning I took one of the other kitties to the vet to have her mouth checked. Later that afternoon I realized that I'd walked into the vet's office with an open carry revolver on my hip & wearing a cloth mask made from a blue bandanna.

Got a chuckle out of that one. I don't usually open carry but it was a rush trip & I forgot I was wearing it. IMO that's the big upside to Okla's open carry law.

JMNSHO & YMMV of course :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
DW I too want the XTM22. They do not exist to actually hold one of them .22mag 1911’s. I watch them on gunbroker. The whole idea is just great.

Rat, I’ve been very entertained with all the open carry I see now a days. Done enough also on days that were jacket worthy, back in march. Actually have strapped on the full sized ruger security six .357 for a grocery trip recently. Two hours of that made me appreciate my PF9

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
still rocking that p226? I’ve been keeping my eye’s peeled for one ever since meeting yours. Threw some bids at a couple I’ve seen on gunbroker, but they all went for more than I was comfortable with.

Recently in a grocery store I saw this kid (20 nothing year old) with a glock 19 I’m guessing in a kydex holster OWB at 2 o'clock, and with a 3-gun competition styled mag holder on his left side. Not close to the body at all, but protruding an inch away from his belt, holding 2 mags, open top- no flap or pouch. The entertaining part was watching him and his lady trying to hold their grocery basket and attempt to get a cell phone out of a front pocket. The fumbling and switching of things from hand to hand and how many times he bumped the holster around, attempting to slide it away from pocket on a way too thin belt. As we all had masks on and he obviously felt like he needed to be carrying that rig... I did not offer any advice, but just shook my head and walked away. I’m sure they were noticed every where they went that day.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Yup. Me, the revolver guy. My go to gun is my Sig p226. It is drop dead reliable, and not so pretty that you don't want to have it on when running the chainsaw.

I don't know if Sig still does it, but mine was bought refurbished from a Sig dealer. It came from Sig, had been in municipal service. A cop or guard had had it on their hip for some duration. Sig got it back, ran it past an armorer and they sprinkled holy water on it. That and Sig gave it a 1 year warranty. So the gun had some holster ware, the gun was used, the gun has been rock solid. $585 if I'm not mistaken. Then, after I'd had it a few years, Sig had a Fathers Day event. (My Dad, love him to death, is the 3rd least gun guy in the norther hemisphere). For about a buck and a quarter I mailed back my p226. They re-sprinkled it with holy water. Replaced a bunch of springs and the grips, put night sights on, and they paid for return shipping.

I won't say bad things about Glocks. Glocks don't move me at all, and I think they are dangerous in the hands of folks unfamilar with guns, but they are great guns. Boring.

My Sig is a great gun. You want one. These are the 'droids you are looking for.
lop
ghjghj.png

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Ok, a couple of questions.
A: What is the picture in the above post?
2: what piece of technology that you used today was foist used on the '36 Caddy?

lop

Psst. Hint for the second question, 12 minutes and a half in...

lop

·
Registered
90 Posts
I might get RIFed at work... Started looking already at new opportunities.

Need to work five more years...

Don't really want to commute to another city... (Work during the week, then back to our home on weekends)... But it looks like I might have to

Dang

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Reading is Fundamental? What am I missing?

What line of work are you in? What kinds of stuff do you like?

lop

Ok, in order to not add another post in iyrh by lop, I'll edit this one.

If you think the above is about oliphants, you might also think 'Moby Dick' was about a whale.

lop

Ok, I'll edit again. If our nanny can't handle Moby Dick, and forces one to use Moby Robert, they are a bunch of cats.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
1 Simpson's couch, I cheated & googled.

2 I watched it several months ago so I'll pass

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Just got thru renewing my driver's licence online. Painless. the best part is I got to porvide my own pic.

My ID pic always looks like a mug shot;

jims dl blanked1.jpg

This one was a little better than most but still............

Any way I got to use this one;

liscense pic small.jpg

Not bad considering what I had to work with & the fact they wouldn't let me smile.

13781 - 13800 of 13918 Posts