Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
South Carolina-based Innovative Arms is offering an upgrade package to second generation Kel Tec .380s.

Located in Elgin, IA has long made a name for themselves as a maker of custom NFA firearms and suppressors. However earlier this month they announced that they are actively offering a service to upgrade some of the most popular pocket .380s in the country. This includes the Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, and the gun that started it all-- the Kel Tec P3AT.

Auto part Cylinder

First publicized last November IA stated that they have been offering this upgrade since 2007. Their name has popped up a couple times here in the forum.

The upgrade runs $150 and includes the following:

-Newly manufactured Trijicon front night sight.
-Plain notch rear sight with cocking serrations that is manufactured in house that is adjustable for windage.
-Sight installation.
-Parkerized refinishing of the slide (with options for color including Satin Black, Gloss Black, Olive Drab, Flat Dark Earth and Brushed Stainless).

Now they state that they only offer the upgrade on 2nd Gen P3ATs. How do you know if you have one of these?

According to Innovative Arms: "The second generation has the addition of a metal clip that holds the takedown pin in place. The second generation also has a single Allen head screw the holds the extractor spring in place."

(Of course, these are LCPs, but just squint and imagine them as P3ATs)

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

Now of course, the P3AT excels at close in shooting-- I like working plates at 7 yards and can pull it off more often than not with my tiny factory nubs, but a nice set of sights (especially night sights) could be beneficial as I often carry mine on "movie nights." I can see where a nice green Trijicon popping into my sight picture in a self-defense situation in low light conditions could come in handy.

For more information, visit their website.

In addition, if you know of anyone offering similar services and have experience with either IA or others, drop it in the comments below.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.