Infamous part 115

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by DennisD, Jan 15, 2008.

1. DennisD

DennisD New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Yep, you guessed it;I lost it.  This was the third time disassembling my gun (once before I fired it, then after the first 100 rounds and now after the second 100 rounds).  I knew the ejector is loose and can fall out but I still forgot about it and used brake cleaner and then compressed air to clean the frame.  To make matters worse; I did the cleaning over the grass instead of over the concrete drive so it is gone forever!! >:(  :'(

This is not my only gun but it is the only one with a part that can just fall out.  I know, I know, that's no excuse.  :-[

Now the good news;  I called Kel-Tec and was informed that they would send me another at no charge.  No charge for the part and no charge for shipping.  Are they a great company.   :)

2. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I called them last Friday and told them that my 115 had gone missing & was probably on it's way back to Florida. They told me they would turn it around and send it back when it got there. It was in the mail box yesterday.

Outstanding service.

3. velvalco

velvalco New Member

Dec 28, 2007
    i have to admit their service is great. I requested the extrator assembly, they sent one no questions asked.

4. HET45

HET45 New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    DUDES !!!! Next time you decompose the gun, de-grease the area so that it squeaks and put a drop of Super Glue on the ejector seat (part 115). It isn't fool proof but mine holds pretty darn good with that stuff even under a lot of shooting conditions. This may help you from having to contact the ma-ma ship as often.

5. kubmiester

kubmiester New Member

Nov 18, 2006
    When I got my PF-9 back from being replaced I noticed the ejector was broken (115). I called KT and they sent me a new one with two pins without charge. Their customer service is great!

6. brotherjethro

brotherjethro New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Just a thought:  I know you have a new part on the way, but if you have a large & powerful magnet, run it around the general area where you think the part might be.  If you spend five minutes looking silly, you might find it.   ;)

7. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Isn't it plastic high-tech polymer? I gotta go check...

-Matt

8. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Nope, the ejector is steel.

9. gpr

gpr New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    north palm beach
    i lost one in the grass a couple weeks ago...i found it with a LARGE magnet....to bad i couldn't use the magnet on the one i lost on the work bench...gpr

10. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I stand corrected! DANG! It's light!!

-Matt

11. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Got to agree customer service is great..Last week called and requested a button head screw,for my belt clip,plus a new set of recoil springs.They sent me the entire clip assembly, also a guide rod with the recoil springs all no charge, very impressed...

12. DennisD

DennisD New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I'm glad you told me that, I thought it was aluminum. I will give it a try. If I manage to find it I will have a spare. I love you guys. LOL

13. erikswindlehurst

erikswindlehurst Banned

Jan 5, 2008
    A little dab of clear silicone works well, too. I've just learned to immediately remove it and set it aside in the "small parts cup" when cleaning the thing.

14. erikswindlehurst

erikswindlehurst Banned

Jan 5, 2008
    Magnetizing just the ejector won't work as the frame/rails are aluminum. From KT's website.

"The rectangular frame is machined from solid 7075-T6 aluminum and houses the firing mechanism."

15. nuggett

nuggett New Member

Dec 25, 2007
    i am another who is glad 115 is made of steel, now I have a spare! ;)

16. JCW355

JCW355 New Member

Apr 22, 2006
    I have lost that piece too. :'(

17. brotherjethro

brotherjethro New Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Hi Erik,

The idea was just to use a magnet to find the ejector in his lawn, although I see where you were going with this thought and it would have been cool if it worked.

18. erikswindlehurst

erikswindlehurst Banned

Jan 5, 2008
    Hi Erik,

The idea was just to use a magnet to find the ejector in his lawn, although I see where you were going with this thought and it would have been cool if it worked.
    [/quote]

Yup, you're right. I read it wrong. :-[