I'm not seeing some pics

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Ender, May 18, 2006.

1. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Is it just me? I've run across several posts that I'm guessing contain pics but all I see is blank...not even the classic broken pic icon.

2. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    I've seen a few like that also. :-/

3. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Do you mean other than Jocko's white surrender flag? There was no image. LOL :eek:

--Plex

4. Ender

Ender New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    no even some of my own images

5. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I've gotten the blank spot where an image should be if I specified a bad image location on a valid server. YABB doesn't know if the image is there or not if it looks like a properly formatted link, so it embeds the code for the picture assuming it's there. When it renders on your web browser, the server where the image is stored returns a file not found error, so there is nothing to display.

The fix is simple. If it's your post, click Modify and fix the link. You should be able to open a new browser window, supply the link and see the picture. Once you can see it in the other browser window, cut the link from the browser's address or location bar and paste it into your KTOG message, between the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags.

If it's someone else's post with the bad link, they need to fix it.

This problem is different from old KTOG messages where people use a site like photobucket to host their images and the image is deleted, leaving you with the little "Image Not Found" picture. That can be frustrating. When I joined KTOG, I read many of the old messages first, going back a few years. I'd see a post with a very interesting description and a bunch of "Image Not Found" icons, followed by a bunch of comments saying, "Oh, that is so cool!" I wondered what fun stuff I missed.