Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Since you didn't respond to me this is only for discussion and not argument... Firearms are like underwear and are very personal. I get that.

Sure they could have done that but what about the folks who wouldn't want it? There are ways to bring the upper pic' rail down to where it's accessible who want that and keep the pump handle feeling normal and smooth, like a shotgun for all others.

Personally I have no problem with it as it exists, but my mind is open to arguments, and I know that nothing fits everybody. I also know that I didn't change the pump handle but brought the pic rail down to my pump handle hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you're not wrong, it would be nice to have the option for a vertical grip from the factory

·
Registered
15 Posts
Agreed. Should have been pic rail like KSG. That way people have the choice to attach whatever grip they want versus only the stock grip. Seems obvious. Gladly HiTech has a solution.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Honestly after handling the M&P12, smith did it right on the forend. You get an option to mount a vertical grip and you don't have to deal with a "cheese grater" that you'd need to cover

·
Registered
962 Posts
It's more $, but how much do we spend to make our KS7s "right"? I bet the action is smoother right out of the box too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Having designed the KSG with a picatinny rail on the forearm, it seems very likely that Kel-Tec considered doing the same for the KS7 and decided against it. I strongly doubt that it was an oversight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts