Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess all subbies are like that. I'm an old man and mine felt impossible for a while. Working it a lot will make it easier after a short while, especially with the cover.
I’m 65 with a bad case of arthritis and really needed to upgrade to the 2 finger charging handle

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just purchased a sub 2000 gen 2 glock 17 9mm model.
First stupid question.
I can't pull the charging handle back to the locked position. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just a wimp?
First thing is to lube it , then go to MCarbo and purchase the extended charging handle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I took my sub2000 out to the range yesterday and it worked great. Recoil wasn't bad but I could feel the plastic butt stock digging into my shoulder a bit. When I got home from the range the rubber butt pad that I ordered from Missouri Tactical was in the mail box.

I ordered the recoilless charging handle (Mcarbo) but I'm wondering if I can return it for the double finger handle if I don't open the package.

Also ordered the taller notched site and the recoil bumper (cherry life saver).

Like I said before, the recoil is so manageable that I dont think I needed anything but the rubber butt stock pad.

Now just waiting for the spring to wear in a bit so it's easier for me to pull back the charging handle. It's sitting in locked open for a few days. See if that helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’m 65 with a bad case of arthritis and really needed to upgrade to the 2 finger charging handle
Me too Daverm. Plus I injured my left rib cage a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting on that to heal up.
Ain't growing old FUN!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't pull the charging handle back to the locked position. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just a wimp?
Nope. That's pretty normal. I was in the same boat as you: one finger charging handle is crazy hard to pull. Best thing you can do is get yourself a two-finger charging handle from Mcarbo. Also, if the rifle is new(<1000 rounds), it will be hard. Once the rifle is broken in, it will become butter-smooth and easy to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm finding it easy to rack if you put your index finger on the padded charging handle, and your middle finger around the cylinder, just opposite your index finger. Kind of enables more of the hand to do the work. Try it, you may find it works.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The padding makes it much easier for me. I haven't tried the two finger handle, but I didn't like the metal handle against the skin of my finger because it tended to bruise and I feel that the two finger handle will just bruise two fingers. And for nearly 10 times the cost of the Tacticool cover, I don't think I'll try it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The padding makes it much easier for me. I haven't tried the two finger handle, but I didn't like the metal handle against the skin of my finger because it tended to bruise and I feel that the two finger handle will just bruise two fingers. And for nearly 10 times the cost of the Tacticool cover, I don't think I'll try it.
I also wear a padded shooting glove. Doesn't tear your finger up, and makes it much easier to rack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ok, I'm finding that the more I shoot it, the easier things are getting. I've also been leaving it in the locked open position when I'm not using it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts