Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I want a P3AT? I realize smaller frame but also smaller caliber. Love the P-11, why not a PF-9? I'm open to suggestions and comments. I think part of my hesitation is that I want to keep the different calibers to a minimum. I currently own 9s, 45s and 5.56.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Go buy a P3AT, you won't regret it....but like your P11's, you'll probably end up with two. For no reason at all...

·
Registered
160 Posts
The P3AT carries much more easily. I used to carry a P40, but once I held a P3AT, I had to have one. It carries so easily that you forget it's there. I just stick the muzzle in the watch pocket with a "Clipdraw" clip so the CT doesn't get turned on. Shoots better than my P11 or P40 too.

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
Don't think P3AT , get a P 32, even smaller , 1 more round,goes with ya everywhere as easy as carring a Blackberry...
Makes a Nice B.U.G. too ;)

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
True, the P-32 is almost unnoticeably smaller but I prefer the P-3AT (I have both) because there is no danger of rim-lock occurring at the least opportune time.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
If your P-11s are used for self-defense and you have at least one of them with you at all times, then there is probably no need for a P-3AT. But if you go unarmed at times because the P-11 is to big and/or heavy, then a P-3AT might be a solution.

Bobo

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
The P3 is a great 24/7 with that being said...I too sold mine for totally different reasons.
My P3 was reliable, no issues after KT serviced it in 2006
I just felt a little under gunned in the winter and always tried to go with a 9mm.
When I found the PM9 carries just as well (for me) as the P3...I no longer needed it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I own a P-11 but I'll be buying a P3AT this spring when it starts warming up. Im 6'1 165lbs so it's hard for me to conceal a P-11 in my summer attire

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Why wouldn't you want one?  My P3 can be hidden in situations that none of my other guns can.  It disappears into a pocket, and it's so light I often don't notice it's there.  While I almost always carry a larger gun, my P3 is the only gun that I can easily carry in a pair of running shorts when I go jogging or to the gym, without having to wear a fanny pack or some other rig. And sometimes, it goes along with me as a backup to a larger ccw gun. Yes, it's a smaller caliber.  But it's nice to have a gun that I know I can always have concealed on me if I so desire.  

Plus, I'm 6'5" and when I have one in each hand I look like a freakin giant.  So I got that going for me.   :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
CliffH said:
Would I want a P3AT?  

Because it will fit in the pocket of your tee-shirt??

On the size difference between a P32 & a P3AT, a first generation P32 is noticeably thinner & lighter.  I sold my P3AT for just that reason.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a P-11, which is  my normal carry gun...but I really like my P3AT also as a BUG.  It is so small it fits in a shirt pocket, or conceals very easily in a pants pocket.  In summer clothes sometimes I prefer to just carry the P3AT.  These two guns pretty much serve all my carry needs, although I have a 1911 .45 that I carry on occasion.  It's just a bit harder to conceal with certain types of dress

The P3AT is a dandy little gem.  I originally bought it because my wife thought it was "cute" and wanted it for herself.  I use it so much she may just have to get her own     :)

BTW this is a great website. I have been a lurker for a while...just getting around to posting

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I like my P3AT! It fits my pockets better than the PF9. This is the smallest caliber that I feel comfortable with for self defense. My other SD weapon is a Glock in .40 caliber. I carry both most days but always have the P3AT. The main thing about CCW is that you actually carry the weapon. It does you no good at home in a safe.

Craig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts