If I have a 2 P-11s why

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by CliffH, Nov 14, 2009.

1. CliffH

CliffH Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Would I want a P3AT? I realize smaller frame but also smaller caliber. Love the P-11, why not a PF-9? I'm open to suggestions and comments. I think part of my hesitation is that I want to keep the different calibers to a minimum. I currently own 9s, 45s and 5.56.

2. Little_Z28

Little_Z28 New Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Go buy a P3AT, you won't regret it....but like your P11's, you'll probably end up with two. For no reason at all...

3. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    The P3AT carries much more easily. I used to carry a P40, but once I held a P3AT, I had to have one. It carries so easily that you forget it's there. I just stick the muzzle in the watch pocket with a "Clipdraw" clip so the CT doesn't get turned on. Shoots better than my P11 or P40 too.

4. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Don't think P3AT , get a P 32, even smaller , 1 more round,goes with ya everywhere as easy as carring a Blackberry...
    Makes a Nice B.U.G. too ;)

5. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    True, the P-32 is almost unnoticeably smaller but I prefer the P-3AT (I have both) because there is no danger of rim-lock occurring at the least opportune time.

6. CliffH

CliffH Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Oh great, and there is a gun show today. Now I HAVE to go and check out what is available.

7. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    If your P-11s are used for self-defense and you have at least one of them with you at all times, then there is probably no need for a P-3AT. But if you go unarmed at times because the P-11 is to big and/or heavy, then a P-3AT might be a solution.

Bobo

8. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
  9. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Before you buy a p3at, buy some 380 ammo. The ammo is harder to find that the gun.

10. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    The P3 is a great 24/7 with that being said...I too sold mine for totally different reasons.
    My P3 was reliable, no issues after KT serviced it in 2006
    I just felt a little under gunned in the winter and always tried to go with a 9mm.
    When I found the PM9 carries just as well (for me) as the P3...I no longer needed it.

11. Dustin0330

Dustin0330 New Member

Oct 23, 2009
    I own a P-11 but I'll be buying a P3AT this spring when it starts warming up. Im 6'1 165lbs so it's hard for me to conceal a P-11 in my summer attire

12. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Why wouldn't you want one?  My P3 can be hidden in situations that none of my other guns can.  It disappears into a pocket, and it's so light I often don't notice it's there.  While I almost always carry a larger gun, my P3 is the only gun that I can easily carry in a pair of running shorts when I go jogging or to the gym, without having to wear a fanny pack or some other rig. And sometimes, it goes along with me as a backup to a larger ccw gun. Yes, it's a smaller caliber.  But it's nice to have a gun that I know I can always have concealed on me if I so desire.  

Plus, I'm 6'5" and when I have one in each hand I look like a freakin giant.  So I got that going for me.   :D

13. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma

Because it will fit in the pocket of your tee-shirt??

[​IMG]

On the size difference between a P32 & a P3AT, a first generation P32 is noticeably thinner & lighter.  I sold my P3AT for just that reason.

14. Grantspastor

Grantspastor New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I have a P-11, which is  my normal carry gun...but I really like my P3AT also as a BUG.  It is so small it fits in a shirt pocket, or conceals very easily in a pants pocket.  In summer clothes sometimes I prefer to just carry the P3AT.  These two guns pretty much serve all my carry needs, although I have a 1911 .45 that I carry on occasion.  It's just a bit harder to conceal with certain types of dress

The P3AT is a dandy little gem.  I originally bought it because my wife thought it was "cute" and wanted it for herself.  I use it so much she may just have to get her own     :)

BTW this is a great website. I have been a lurker for a while...just getting around to posting

15. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I like my P3AT! It fits my pockets better than the PF9. This is the smallest caliber that I feel comfortable with for self defense. My other SD weapon is a Glock in .40 caliber. I carry both most days but always have the P3AT. The main thing about CCW is that you actually carry the weapon. It does you no good at home in a safe.

Craig