Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and ladies,

Kat and I have are participating in our local 2012 American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event. The event is May 5, 2012. Unfortunately due to health reasons I was not able to participate in many of the past fundraising events throughout the year. I need your help to meet our goal. I would like to raise $5000.

While attaining my goal may still be possibile with your help, I thought I would provide some incentive for your donations. If you guys help me to reach $1000 before May 5, 2012 I will wear the dress shown below at the Relay and I will post photos on KTOG for your amusement.

Please remember, though, this is also for a good cause. Let's not forget why we are donating. If you donate on behalf of a loved one, please mention so if you are comfortable. Thanks and God bless.

Please donate via here: https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/sit...18435695&PROXY_TYPE=20&1009590.donation=form1

Attachments

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Hey, where's y'alls donations to the March of Dimes? :D
My walk for that is THIS Saturday.

I will give a donation after my rent goes through and I know what my funds look like.

If worse comes to worse, my next paycheck is May 4th and I will donate the day before your walk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is a cause worth supporting.My wife's the office manager (RN) for a woman oncologist..they have a booth every year at the local Relay.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a cause worth supporting.My wife's the office manager (RN) for a woman oncologist..they have a booth every year at the local Relay.
Thanks for your testimony, oth47! I participate in Relay for Life for a number of reasons: to honor the memory of family and friends who have lost their battles, to support my family and friends who are currently fighting, and to help support medical research that may one day cure cancer.

Roughly 10 years ago I lost an uncle to pancreatic cancer, and now his son, my cousin Daric, is also fighting cancer. My step-brother Danny is an 8 year survivor of non-Hodgekins Lymphoma. My Aunt Laura is a 8 year survivor of breast cancer. Kat's mom is a survivor of uteran cancer. Our friend Monique who is was initially diagnosed and treated for breast cancer, and now is fighting stage 4 brain cancer. Those are the reasons we participate.

The American Cancer Society is one of the biggest contributors to cancer research. ACS also funds other services such as wigs for chemo patients and transportation lodging for patients and their families.

All I am asking is for you guys to click on the above link and to donate $5.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I tried it, but - no PayPal? I always donate with PP, so send me your PP email and I'll help you get into that dress :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts