I will never leave again

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tdc, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tdc

tdc New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Owned two kel-tec 380's for years never a problem. Listened to the wrong people and sold both and bought a new Ruger 380, Bad mistake. It had a recall It never functioned well did not trust it. I have been a police officer for over 28 years and I own many guns. If I don't trust it I will not keep it. Sold the Ruger bought two new Kel-Tec's buffed them a little and what do you know 100 rounds through each no problems and very accurate for a pocket pistol. Kel-Tec for life for me. :)

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Welcome back home. :cool:

3. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I reckon you know what you gotta do now.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG and thank you for your 28+ years of service as a police officer. Good to read that the two new pistols have performed without issue for you.

I've got two P3ATs myself. One mostly for practice, one mostly for carry. Our little P3ATs can get the job done if pressed into service.

Bill K.

5. tdc

tdc New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks guys, man it was hot here today had to work the parade the only plus is I led it and I had some a/c. I have made mistakes in the past but quick to correct them. I own a lot of weapons and I have been on a emergency response team for the last fifteen or so years so I have access to a lot of guns some people never get to shoot. I will have to say I am a 1911/Glock person but when I need something smaller nothing but kel-tec for me. Great forum.

6. jim-sks

jim-sks New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Welcome back!

I will never sell mine, it has been great for a backup to my 1911.

7. cash50

cash50 New Member

Jun 14, 2011
    How could you sell after it treated you so well?

With these small pistols, if you get one that works, you might as well keep it b/c you never know what you'll get when you buy one, even new.

8. gadsden00

gadsden00 New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    i think kel tecs are ust as well or better then ruger. plus i like going with originals not copies

9. tdc

tdc New Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Well lets just say my first two were flawless. The second two are also flawless. I think with any weapon you should first clean it, smooth it out and break it in. Rifles, handguns, shotguns. If I can't bet my life on it I do not keep it. It's what I do and have done for a long time. Even the most expensive weapons need attention and need to prove there reliability. I like kel-tecs they just work for me. I also like Glocks, 1911's, and alot of others. :)

10. wolfcrik

wolfcrik New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    if I can't have a kel tec, I want one of my revolvers. My wife has an LCR that is pretty reliable (made post recall).She thinks it is better ergonomically and prettier curves. I like it OK, but see no reason to pay more for a name (especially when the big name company stole the design). she and I occasionally argue about this.

11. r80rt

r80rt Guest

Great little guns!

12. gadsden00

gadsden00 New Member

Jul 5, 2011
    i let the guy at the LGS tell me to step up to quality and get the ruger.....dont think i should have. its rough and doesnt seem smooth like kel tecs i have had.....3at is on my list