Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five years ago, in the aftermath of the Virginia Tech shooting, I predicted that within five years at least one state would eliminate its prohibition on school carry.

This hasn't happened (yet). I could claim that the several court victories that established campus carry in Colorado and Oregon count, but to be fair, I was thinking of a legislative repeal of campus-carry bans.

I still think it will happen soon but obviously my prediction failed.

We need to keep up the fight!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post a link? I wasn't here five years ago. And I hope you're not still in college:D
Ha, I searched for my original post but could not find it. I only found a later post referring to the original. It may no longer exist from way back when.

I've been out of college for about 20 years, but I hope that these gun-free criminal empowerment zones are eliminated soon (I've got kids to worry about).

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know that as a resident of Oregon I am allowed to carry on school property provided I have a concealed carry license. Now the school may post a no gun policy and I could be asked to leave if my weapon was discovered.

I am sure employees and students cannot carry on campus.

our state also allows carry into bars and so far I have not seen any fast draw gunfights in the bars as predicted by the anti-gun crowd in the legislature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts