I wanted an LCP

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by tweed, Nov 15, 2008.

1. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    first off i am brand new here.

i wanted to get the Ruger LCP but supply and now a recall cooled me to it.
    But!!! i found a (pre owned) never  fired
    p3at hard chrome navy lower at a gun show here in my state.

p3at $325
    50 rnd's ball ammo $15
    20 rnd's federal hydra shok $20

Private Sale..... PRICELESS !!! ;D

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

3. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

Ya done good! Now, call KT Customer Service and ask for the new anti-shortstroke hammer block and install it yourself. You'll be miles ahead of the LCP.

4. abq_sfr

abq_sfr New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I could post the exact same! Looked for an LCP for several weeks and then learned about the recall. Got my p3at 2-weeks ago, store was like Disneyland with all the people. They had a few handguns left, they only had one .380 p3at, other people were eying it up, I told them I'll take it! Think it was $304 before tax. Got ammo, haven't shot it yet. First thing take a sharp knife and get rid of the sharp "polymer" flashing!

5. capthook

capthook New Member

Nov 13, 2008
    You cant beat the P3AT and an added plus is Keltec's life time warrent. Good luck with your new KT.

6. Until TWEED can post of picture of his new toy........

[​IMG]

POST THAT PIC TWEED, and welcome to KTOG! I love the chromed/Navy Combo!

7. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    That is right at what I paid for mine a month ago via gunbroker including the FFL transfer fee. Mine however has the black grip.

I just checked mine and I already have the new hammer block.

8. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i sent an email to KT CS asking about it. for reasons i will not go into i do not try to go to reset on any of
    my pistols the trigger comes all the way to the front before i fire.  now if the anti shortstroke reset
    the trigger at the click point i would consider it more.  but it is a desicion i havent made yet.  i would much rather kel-tec fixed the no dry fire "problem" but i can deal with it... but its the first time i had to buy snap caps in my life *L*

9. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    tell ya what Nu_Agin...

it looks just like that picture  you posted only more navey then purple... *L* J/K'n ya  ;)

when i get time i will

10. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG Tweed. Mine is almost the same story. A few months ago I was introduced to the LCP by a shop owner who pulled it out of his pocket. Had never heard of Kel Tec. No one had an LCP, so I researched it on the web, and found out it was a Kel Tec clone...almost. The next day I walked into a local pawn shop and there it was....a like new P3AT that I bought for $140.00. Fell in love, bought a new PF-9, and here I am. Welcome to KTOG. Enjoy your new little friend.

tr

11. :eek:

FANTASTIC!

:eek:

12. robbiedaman

robbiedaman New Member

May 26, 2008
    everyone complains about the grip on the kel tec until they shoot the lcp and find the grip too smooth, i'm glad i found kel tec, lots of innovative stuff i wouldn't have known about like the plr16 and the rfb

13. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    i did get a chance to fondle an LCP at a gun show ( no cash at the time) and after shooting my friends 3at
    and holding the LCP it seemd the LCP was a little to smooth in the upper part of the grip it felt queersome to me...
    i think your chance of holding on without pistol shifting in your hand when you fire are better with the 3at... although i think the grip might be a tad to aggresive.
    but what the hell do i know.... and i have never shot an LCP

14. ladman

ladman New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    I remember when the LCP "frenzy" started months ago and I kept seeing people on other forums going wacky over trying to get one. Never understood why they would want to buy something that hadn't been consumer tested. It was crazy.

15. robbiedaman

robbiedaman New Member

May 26, 2008
    I've shot the lcp a few times as my father owns one, I think the kel tec is going to stay in my hand better if God forbid I need to use it in defense. The LCP is fine when my hands are dry and i'm punching holes in paper, if my hands were a little sweaty, i'd be a little worried about the smoother grip.

Edit: yes! 25

16. ArtAttackTat2

ArtAttackTat2 New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I'm not sure who my gun buyer uses, but I wanted a LCP for my wife. He said he could not get one, completely out of stock. Ended up getting a P11, Thunder 9UC, and a Thunder 380. I'll let her choose the one she likes best, and I'll take the left overs. Luckily she doesn't like the P-3AT I'm currently carrying on my hip! ;)

17. mcdxd

mcdxd New Member

Nov 12, 2008
    I looked for an LCP for a month and couldn't find one at a reasonable price. I picked up a P3AT and couldn't be happier with it.

I still want an LCP after the bugs are worked out and, hopefully, Ruger floods the market with them after 2009 production starts up.

18. Oh but it had been consumer tested.....by all of the 3AT owners over the years! ;)

[​IMG]

19. samson369

samson369 New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ive delt with two LCP's, One couldn't get to rounds through it before it had a stoppage, and the other went flawless. Now the three different P3at's all perfect, no matter how fast what angle I fired them no problems... Gotta love em'!!!!

20. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    When I started looking I knew the Ruger name and that's why I wanted one. Then I found this site and learned they were the same and about the recall. The rest is happy customer history.