Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if it just frustrates me or intrigues me more to purchase a sub 2000, but they are impossible to find. At this point I am considering getting a Hi-Point 9mm carbine to hold over the urge. How long did it take you to finally find one for sale? Was it luck or did you go on a backorder list and wait? How many of your are still waiting and frustrated like me?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had decided that I was not waiting anymore and was going to purchase a highpoint 9mm also. But low and behold no one had them in stock either. I got lucky and my dad found a new highpoint, and he asked me if I wanted that or the sub2k, I said the sub 2k since I have a p11 also (mag is the same). I think that the pistol round carbine is a victim of circumstance right now, everyone is trying to get them. Try finding a hipoint, masterpiece arms, or sub2k in a 9mm carbine right now at MSRP. Unless you are lucky it is not going to happen. (the MPA might be the only exception, but they are also hard to find). To much election jitters.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The hi-point is a neat little carbine!!! I've not really been wanting a sub, seems like i see them pretty often.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had decided that I was not waiting anymore and was going to purchase a highpoint 9mm also. But low and behold no one had them in stock either. I got lucky and my dad found a new highpoint, and he asked me if I wanted that or the sub2k, I said the sub 2k since I have a p11 also (mag is the same). I think that the pistol round carbine is a victim of circumstance right now, everyone is trying to get them. Try finding a hipoint, masterpiece arms, or sub2k in a 9mm carbine right now at MSRP. Unless you are lucky it is not going to happen. (the MPA might be the only exception, but they are also hard to find). To much election jitters.
I did manage to find a 9mm hi point for sale right now but it has the laser/light/grip combo. Going to end up costing close to $400 with all that stuff. The ~$300 price point and light weight of the Kal-Tec was certainly more appealing. Still like you said, it seems everyone wants a pistol carbine right now...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I searched online daily. Persistance as well as luck are key. I found mine on gunsinternational.com, in fact there is a .40 cal S2K listed ($369.99) there on that site at the same gun shop that I find mine. If you really want one badly and are willing to pay a premium for it, check online autions like gunbrokers.com. Demand is definately outstripping supply at this time. If you have not participated in an online auction and decide to go that route, be sure to check the seller's rating, reviews and number of sales before bidding.

I also called several gunshops in the Cocoa Beach area. There was a police supply/retail shop in Merritt Island that said they did not have them in stock presently, but were a good bet to get them. They said the best way to deal with them was to send a money order for the rifle $299.00 and S&H of $31.00. They would ship to my FFL when they received one. I saw where someone on this forum did that and received one in the past month or so.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did manage to find a 9mm hi point for sale right now but it has the laser/light/grip combo. Going to end up costing close to $400 with all that stuff. The ~$300 price point and light weight of the Kal-Tec was certainly more appealing. Still like you said, it seems everyone wants a pistol carbine right now...
JG sales has the 40 and 9 in stock right now for 279.00. They are a pretty big gun dealer, do most of their business over the net, I have done business with them, and would do it again. Their site says they have a low qty of the 40, and only 4 of the 9mm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Patients pays. I was looking for a few weeks, then I stumbled upon this web site, guess most sales are in GA but who knows if there are other web sites like this in your area.

This is the Georgia part:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

It must be a very Georgia web site as guns are listed and sold all day, lots of them, but the national part is not too active

This is the national part:
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203

The first time I was on it a s2k popped up, he had 2 people interested but they did not want to drive 30 minutes to meet him!! So I got it the next day, $375 person to person, so no paperwork!! I have also seen some pop up on Gunsamerica web site for less then $350 but they get snapped up quick, right now there are two but in the gunbroker price range of $500+

With Gunsamerica you have to check often, you never know when someone will list one for sale--so go online to their web site, register so you are ready, then you can buy one (not an auction site like GB), and have it shipped to your FFL. Or check some gun shows. When I picked up my above metioned S2K I stopped at a gun show and saw 2 new .40s for sale and one used 9mm. One new .40 for for $369, the used 9mm (pretty used was $299). At the same guns show 4 weeks earlier there were none, so be patient as they may be becoming more available.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I dont know if it just frustrates me or intrigues me more to purchase a sub 2000, but they are impossible to find. At this point I am considering getting a Hi-Point 9mm carbine to hold over the urge. How long did it take you to finally find one for sale? Was it luck or did you go on a backorder list and wait? How many of your are still waiting and frustrated like me?
Have you read the Sub 2000 availability thread yet?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ya think one would go quick in army town, not, must have walked by it for weeks (40/g). My nephew was talking about shooting at his backyard range and I told him about subK . Next day I put 45$ down on it., it's mine! I don't think he wants it but he can. I am glad it's in the family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts