Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
G

·
ScatMelee said:
does anybody know of someone who can put a tennifer finish (same as glock) on these guns?  is there a tougher DARK finish than tennifer?  hard chrome is not dark. ;)

Refer to tx's message and pnoto. I had them do my 380 in ceregaurad and it is as durablle as any tennifer finish, not cheap but neither is life. Just be damn certain ur kt is working perfect for kt will only replace a defective slide with another new slide and you will be out the cost of the finish of any type other than what kt offers..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tennifer is not actually a finish. It's a process that is used to treat metals to make them corrosion resistant and extremely hard.

The black finish of a glock is actually parkerizing.

Tennifer process, as you know it, I don't believe is performed in the US by any companies. The generic name for this process is carbonnitriding. I belive some companies will perform this process in the US, but they refer to it as melonite. I don't recall the names of the companies.

Hope that helps.

FWIW, I wish my chrome P3AT was black too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.