i want a tennifer finish!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ScatMelee, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ScatMelee

ScatMelee New Member

Aug 17, 2007
    does anybody know of someone who can put a tennifer finish (same as glock) on these guns? is there a tougher DARK finish than tennifer? hard chrome is not dark. ;)

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas

3. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Check out cgwgun.com I had them do my glock 27 in the satin boron silver and it looks great. They have several colors to choose from and are a great value for what you get.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  5. Doc_S

Doc_S Well-Known Member

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
  7. jocko

jocko Guest

Refer to tx's message and pnoto. I had them do my 380 in ceregaurad and it is as durablle as any tennifer finish, not cheap but neither is life. Just be damn certain ur kt is working perfect for kt will only replace a defective slide with another new slide and you will be out the cost of the finish of any type other than what kt offers..

8. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Tennifer is not actually a finish. It's a process that is used to treat metals to make them corrosion resistant and extremely hard.

The black finish of a glock is actually parkerizing.

Tennifer process, as you know it, I don't believe is performed in the US by any companies. The generic name for this process is carbonnitriding. I belive some companies will perform this process in the US, but they refer to it as melonite. I don't recall the names of the companies.

Hope that helps.

FWIW, I wish my chrome P3AT was black too.