I took my newly replaced P3AT to the range...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by drg-racr, Oct 24, 2009.

1. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    So after all my problems getting my P3AT fixed at the factory they ended up sending me a new one. I went to the range last night and put around 100 various rounds through it and didn't have any problems at all. It performed perfectly with Prvi Partizans, Blazer Brass, Aguila H.P., Remington 88g. H.P. and 80g. DPX's(the ammo I carry). So after my 11 week fiasco I ended up with a good gun it seems. The only thing I may end up doing to it is use a little chrome polish on the feed ramp to get a mirror finish...otherwise it is staying as the factory made it. I'm really glad to get a back to carrying my P3AT!

2. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I kind of followed this saga for a little bit and it's good to see that KT made it right after all that. From the trend I see with this sort of thing KT will try to repair a gun one, maybe two times, then replace the whole thing because it may be a lemon. I highly doubt that your new gun will have any problems at all since it probably already had a F&B done to it before leaving the factory. They really try to do right by their customers and bend over backwards sometimes.
    Just remember to polish in the direction the bullet will travel and you should have no problems at all.

3. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I'm glad to hear that KT is standing behind their product. Sounds like you got a good one this time and will shoot happily ever after!! Good Luck to you !!

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Sorry you had problems in the first place but glad to read that Kel-Tec did the right thing by replacing with a new gun.

Take care...

5. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I'm glad this one is right. My P3AT has never had a single failure. I suspect this one will be jut as good for you.

All I did to mine was to polish the feed ramp and outside of the barrel. I used Dremel brand polishing compound with my generic "Dremel." My barrel and feed ramp are as shiny as chrome. I think doing so helps smooth out the action as it cycles each round but that's just my opinion.

Shoot, clean, lube, repeat, and enjoy.