Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Wally this morning to see what 40sw ammo they got. Pretty bare as usual but I spotted a 100 pack of Rem UMC 180 HPs for $32.95. I bought it and when I got home I went to Ammoseek online to compare prices. What I saw made my jaw dropped.

The cheapest I found was $47 for the 100 pack. I looked at the 50 rnd boxes, none under $24.

Wow, did I get lucky I caught them before they raised their prices?

No, it's NOT April fools. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
A lot of people razz on Walmart but I have to say that during the last 'ammo shortage' they didn't jack their prices just because they could (unlike many/most 'online suppliers.') Prices may have gone up a dollar or so per box but that is not unusual, anyhow. On the few occasions when I managed to find UMC 100 round packs of .380 at Wally during the shortage, for instance, they were charging the same thirty-something bucks per box that they had been charging all along. Meanwhile, Cheaper than Dirt jacked their prices to ~$60 for a fifty round box of Blazer range ammo in .380. I even saw that same UMC .380 ammo in one LGS - except they had split up the boxes and were selling them for $30 a flat (fifty rounds) - pretty much double the Walmart price. Happily, my favorite LGS did not engage in such tactics and neither did Walmart.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I've got 1000 .40 S&W 165 gr FMJ projectiles coming in the mail. Should be here tomorrow. Brass, primers and powder are here and ready. I'll probably load all 1000 in 3 days or so. Wish they'd last longer. I like reloading. I'll have around $12-$13 per hundred in them when all is said and done. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't reload but would like to start just don't know where to.begin. I know there is lots of information out there i am just more hands on ..would like to be shown how to do it and do it with a reloading pro before I started playing with powder.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to Wally this morning to get dog food and I stopped at the ammo. A box of 100 pack 40sw UMC is there, same price $32.95. I was tempted to grab it but I'm pretty low on money right now.

Maybe if I quit feeding my dog? :rolleyes:

Naw, love this little bratwurst. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've found that Wally does keep its prices the same, despite economic conditions. Selling ammo isn't their main business so they don't hurt by selling out of it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
A lot of people razz on Walmart but I have to say that during the last 'ammo shortage' they didn't jack their prices just because they could (unlike many/most 'online suppliers.') Prices may have gone up a dollar or so per box but that is not unusual, anyhow. On the few occasions when I managed to find UMC 100 round packs of .380 at Wally during the shortage, for instance, they were charging the same thirty-something bucks per box that they had been charging all along. Meanwhile, Cheaper than Dirt jacked their prices to ~$60 for a fifty round box of Blazer range ammo in .380. I even saw that same UMC .380 ammo in one LGS - except they had split up the boxes and were selling them for $30 a flat (fifty rounds) - pretty much double the Walmart price. Happily, my favorite LGS did not engage in such tactics and neither did Walmart.
WHAT!?! When was that? how is that even possible?!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
WHAT!?! When was that? how is that even possible?!
As Sangueffusor's screen shot shows, CTD did, in fact, raise their prices during the last "scare". At one point, I had a screen shot for .380 blazer brass at $68.99 for a box of 50. This started the entire "CTD Boycott" that you can readily read about by searching Google. I STILL refuse to purchase anything from CTD, and know quite a few people who are also still sticking to the boycott.

My own PERSONAL reason for boycotting them stems from an order for 200 rounds of Blazer Brass .380 I placed back at the beginning of November, 2008. Two days later they canceled my order stating "out of stock". A quick search showed that they had more than doubled the price, per box, had them in stock, and only canceled my order because of the new "price hike".

Cy

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Glad someone had a screen shot to verify. Keep in mind, too, that those were not even Blazer Brass - they were the aluminum cased, ultra cheapo stuff.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tha'ts how CTD changes their prices. They let one page run to "Out of Stock" and put up a new product page with the different price. This allows them to show up on searches like Google Shopping with low prices. They also stock ammo at different warehouses so you have to pay extra shipping fees if you buy different calibers/brands. It takes a lot of extra time to find which warehouse is stocked on which ammo to try and get them to match. I'm done ordering ammo from them.

Oh, and this is all my personal theory. I have no proof. Perhaps I might just be cynical.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts