I qualified with my P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by madecov, Mar 20, 2010.

1. madecov

madecov New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Had department qualifications this week. Took almost all my firearms with me ;D

One of them was the P3AT. I had one failure to feed (probably limp wristed as it's been fine before)

Having a slide not lock back is an experience (under stress) since my duty guns don't lack that feature.

In any event I qualified and can now carry my P3AT on duty as backup or off duty.

Gotta say it was fun.

2. herbertj

herbertj New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    good for you. i know i would never finish a police qualifing round with mine due to hand fatigue. when i was on the job we were only allowed glocks or s&w revolvers or colt revolvers for bugs.now that i am retired i have keltecs . of course i still have my snubby.

3. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hmm...

If the lack of a hold open is a problem on a BUG you could always go to the P-32. Same size as the P3AT, with a hold slide open, nd quicker recovery time for follow on shots with one extra round of firepower. The 32 ACP cartridge is a problem for some though hence the P3AT in 380 ACP.

Best Regards:

4. madecov

madecov New Member

Dec 12, 2009
    It's only an issue in qualifying. We have to do a mag change. For carry as BUG one mag is fine