I miss my P-3AT, want it back from KT Service

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Second_Life, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Well it's been 30 days and no update from KT about my P-3AT. Sent it in for fail to extract/ejects. I know they got hit by TS Fay but I still miss my CCW. Just venting.

2. jp8900

jp8900 New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I hope you get it back soon. I know i feel naked without it already and i have only had it since Monday. I thought i saw on there site they are going to start shipping again this week or next.

3. Shootist

Shootist New Member

Aug 3, 2008
    I purchased a 2nd one just in-case.

4. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I know they are running behind down there. But they seem to be doing the best they can. Just remember this, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Hope you get it before long.

Bo Bryant

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    That's one of best excuses to go out and buy another kt. That way when yours gets back it will have a friend to keep it company ;)

6. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I agree, one is good, but two are better, and then there are more!!!

CK

7. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Feeling naked without my KT made me get a Beretta Bobcat 21a (22lr) to keep my Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm company until the P-3AT comes back. Yeah, I told wifey that I need another pocket gun during the down time. YES! Score!

8. xcop1105

xcop1105 New Member

Nov 19, 2006
    i have a p32 to back up my p3at.

9. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Called today after 35 days to check for status. Told that they will send me an email when its being shipped, otherwise its not yet fixed.

10. jcp

jcp New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Hang in there. Just got word mine is shipping back today, and it's been there just a little over 30 days, so I bet yours is close. I know the wait is a killer though.

11. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    Well, Florida has been hit hard. Hang in there. You'll get her back. Then you and her can smuggle together once again.

12. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Me to got two  :)

13. Second_Life

Second_Life New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Got her back!!  from 7/31-9/9 with period of Tropical Storm Flo.  Sent it in for fail to extract and eject.  Report enclosed says:

Replaced slide and/or barrel, looks like the extractor was replaced, maybe the slide too but hard to tell
    Polished feed ramp, so OK
    Test fired, oh yeah they did - the barrel showed that but I was going to clean it anyway.

Hope to hit the range next week.

14. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

I had the little Beretta with the thick wood grip and the flip up barrel.

I despised it.

I think it was because it was 22 long rifle actually.

Plus because it fed like a piece of junk.

I'll never own a 22 long rifle mini semi auto again.

When I need it,it has to work.

Centerfires for me in mini's from now on.

15. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Don't underestimate that little .22 LR in an emergency "it's all I got" crunch.

A little .22 LR Beretta auto saved my cousin and his wife's life in an attempted robbery, car jacking, and possible rape/murder a few years back. One of three bad guys shot once through throat and once dead center in the chest, ...........dead at scene from chest shot. One bad guy dead, one arrested, and one got away, ....... thanks to little .22 LR cousin and wife fine and alive to tell about it.

Not the best choice by any means, but if it is all you got it will get the job done if you can place em where they need to go.

16. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

I am very glad they had the 22 with them.

And glad that the criminals got what they deserved too,for once.

Must have been a terribly frightening and life changing event for your whole family.

Very happy to read your telling me about your cousin and his wife being alive today and not the victim of a murder.

17. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    It was really hard on my cousin's wife.

She was waiting in the car while he ran in to get some milk. The three guys assaulted my cousin as he was walking back to the car, demanding his wallet and car keys, the leader holding a knife. Cousin's wife was two cars away and watched the whole thing as her husband was attacked and fought for his life. Two years later she was still having dreams about it.

What was interesting was the lack of news coverage about the whole incident. Anti-gun crap gets huge coverage, but when an armed citizen defends himself successfully with a firearm, ..................... a tiny little 2" article buried way back in the second section of the Arizona Republic, 4 days later. Even the title of the thing was disgusting. It was something like, "Citizen shoots Hispanic at local grocery".

How about "Citizen stops attempted robbery & car jacking" or something which more indicates the crime which was stopped, rather than making it look like my cousin just decided to shoot some poor lowly Hispanic guy.

Pathetic!

18. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

There is a disconnect between the media and the population.

I wish it was'nt there.

But it is.

Sadly,you would almost have to sue the newspaper to get the article to accurately reflect what actually occured.

I am simply humbled and glad to see that your cousin was ready and saved his life when the time came.