I love my p3at

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by toddmog, Sep 14, 2008.

1. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Here is the short story:

I bought my HC P3AT about a year or so ago when I lived in IL.  I had always wanted one even though I couldn't legally carry there.  Fast forward to Jan. 2008...I move back to KS (where my wife and I are originally from).  After a 6 mos residency requirement is met and the waiting period to receive my permit after applying, I finally can carry this little gem.  In the meantime, my wife and I bought his and hers Kahr CW9's since I couldn't find a HC PF9.  I've carried the Kahr a couple of times, but the P3AT is always in my pocket.  I've even found myself putting the Kahr back in the safe when I come home for lunch and grabbing the Kel-Tec.  

I've added +1 extensions to both of my mags as well as a grip sleeve from sprinter.  Now if I could just get a metal mag catch, I'd be a happy camper!

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good post! I love my P3AT x 2!  :)

Now that you have a P3AT do you feel your Kahr will get much carry? Asking because I sometimes think that a Kahr PM9 might be nice to have but only ifin it would wind up getting some serious carry time.

Take care...

3. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    I just love my Kahr PM40. Plenty of power, same size as the PM9, reliable, laser, shoots straighter than my P3AT. Is'nt it odd that it stays in the safe most of the time- while the P3AT is my constant companion? Oh well, it makes a good house gun.

4. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I imagine that I'll carry the Kahr OWB with a sweater when it gets a little cooler outside. I'm sure the P3AT wil still be in my pocket though. Although I have been considering an ankle holster for the P3AT for BUG duty.

5. robbiedaman

robbiedaman New Member

May 26, 2008
    Love my p3at too.  Got it new at a gun show $70 less than the local shop's retail. The first trip to the range I put its through its paces 70 rounds through it, no problems haven't done any of the fluff and buff either.  Out shot my dad and his LCP side by side.  Carry whenever I legally can. Its been an awesome deal, I can't be happier.

6. bunky

bunky New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    ive carried my p3at so long in my pocket ,if i dont have it in there i tend to walk crooked ;D

7. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

Never leave home without it!!!!!

8. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    My baby is in my pocket every day, everywhere I go. Don't leave home without her!

Congratulations on making a smart buy.

Bo Bryant

9. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I carry my P3AT everyday also! I have thought about getting a larger carry gun for winter but am not sure what I want yet. The 380 is so easy to carry though.

10. poolpedler

poolpedler New Member

Apr 22, 2006
    I love mine too....love it even more now that it has a laser installed! had trouble aiming before...the sights leave a lot to be desired!
    Bought 2 of the armalasers.....I could sell one if anyone is interested?

11. abuck50

abuck50 New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I like my laser also!

12. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    The P-3AT is so easy to carry it is my first choice. Second is my S&W 642 and third is my Glock 26. The glock would be a much better gun to have if you need it but will you have it if you need it? It is uncomfortable to carry. My P-3AT is always with me.

13. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I love mine too! carry except when I'm working in Oregon, because they don't recognize any other state's CCW permits. Am sending mine back to KT for hammer block issues.
    I just found out that the owner of our local range who is a glock snob, (retired cop) carries a P3at for his CW. I showed him mine with the Armalaser, and he is going to contact Rick about getting one. I highly recommend the P3AT with Armalaser.