I love my new P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by mainebear, May 15, 2008.

1. mainebear

mainebear New Member

May 15, 2008
    Bought a new P3 in mid winter to replace my old 1903 Colt model 3. Retired that to my safe after 34 years of use as a briefcase/carry gun. I bought the P3 mainly on the basis of what you guys said about them, and I'm glad I did!

Only ran about 30 rounds through the P3 to try it out a little bit. We had 4" of snow on the ground so I fired it standing in front of the garage door with the door to my right while having my better half stand behind me to see about where the cases landed making it easier to retrieve them in the snow. First ejected casing hit her square on the top of the head.

Not a good start, but great for laughs. thinking this through, I very cleverly had her watch behind me. The gun shot great. Threw it in the little bag, threw the bag in the briefcase, (yeah I know, not enough rounds etc. maybe I just like to live dangerously).

Anyway, took it out to the pit last weekend and put another 50 rounds through it. What a great little shooter. I was doing pretty much all 3-4 in groups at 20 yards. Pretty good for my shooting, and pretty good in my humble opinion for that little gun. I don't know if this is good or bad shooting with these, but, for me, I was pretty pleased. No FTF's, nothing but good solid performance. Back in the briefcase it goes.

Sorry for the long post, Hi to everyone here. These are great guns and this is a great forum. thanks again.

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to ktog

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome aboard!

In my opinion that's some very good shooting with your new P3AT, especailly bare. Consider adding a grip sleeve and a mag. extension of some sort to your gun for even better shooting.

So what'd ya get, a plain Jane blued & black or something more sexy like in Hard Chrome?

Take care...

4. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    +1 on the welcome. Don't be a stranger.