I just couldn't let it go

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BamaShooter, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    So a little while ago I bought a Kahr PM9. I was short on cash due to the heavy pricetag of the Kahr so I pawned my KT P3AT. I was going to just let it go, but I just couldn't do it. The KT has become such a trusted friend that I needed to get it back. It may be a BUG now, but I know I can count on it if I need it. The noisy cricket will always stay with me. And when it breaks, I will buy a new one.

2. evi1joe

evi1joe New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I actually trust my P3ATs a bit more than my Kahr PM9 even though the latter seems to be designed and built much better/tougher. Though the Kahr's been 100% for 400 rounds or so, it was a rocky start with tons of FTFs and an early trip back to Kahr. Whereas my two P3ATs have been 100% from day one.

Though I am getting the basic Cylinder and Slide package done to the PM9, I rarely carry it now that I have my P3ATs. I'm so smitten with these P3ATs that I've even considered selling the PM9 once I get the C&S work done (unfortunately, I've already put down $150 as a deposit).

3. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Even though the "little cricket" would have eventailly found a good home if you had giving him up.  It is always better to stay (or return) to the orignal ;D

Why, LIFE TIME WARRENTY. Unless you are getting it a sibling while it is being repaired, ;D

4. John_W

John_W New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I just got mine a few weeks ago, and did a lot of thinking about what to call it.

My roscoe?

My piece?

My heater?

In the end, I decided it was my "noisy cricket." Fun to see I'm not the only one to pick this nickname.  ;D

5. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I used to call it the pocket rocket, but when I took my girlfriend to shoot for the first time, I pulled it out of my pocket and was putting them dead on the bullseye at 10 yards. She also complained about the loud BANG. And so she used the name from Men In Black when Agent J (Will Smith) gets the noisy cricket. The name stuck.

6. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I refer to mine randomly as "Little Big Gun", "Noisy Cricket" or "Little Rosco". The P40 is "Big Rosco".

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You guys are so strange. I just have a whole flock of "baby"s.

-Scott

8. Jim_Young

Jim_Young New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Not to hijack, but how do you like the PM9? I went to my local shop looking for one but ended up with a P9 instead. The PM9 didn't fit my hand very well and the P9 felt much better for me. I know, not as concealable but I've already got the P3AT so I figured I didn't really need another pocket gun. The P9 is pretty small though, and fun to shoot as well. Hard to say that about these little Kel-Tecs!

Jim

[​IMG]

9. Great minds think alike Friend   ;D

Or would it be a gaggle of baby's?

10. evi1joe

evi1joe New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I love my PM9 now that it's running 100% (I can't wait to get it back from Cylinder and Slide when I'll trust it even more--after it devours a few hundred rounds).  HOWEVER, I still miss my P9.  I traded it in for the PM9 cuz I got size-greedy; however, the PM9 just isn't that much smaller and these days I mostly carry one of my P3ATs.  Plus, I never had ANY problems with m P9--it shot everything perfectly 100% of the time; I was more accurate with it than any of my other guns (G23, P3ATs, P22), it fit my hand perfectly, seemed to have MUCH less kick/recoil, and it held 8 rounds of 9mm instead of 7 (PM9).

11. BamaShooter

BamaShooter New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    I love my PM9. I was at the range today and was impressed again. The guys down from me were shooting a Glock 21 in 45 Auto. They couldn't even get it on the page. I fired 50 rounds of 9mm with my PM9 and 50 rounds of 380 with my Kel Tec. The center of the target fell out. I then fired 50 rounds of 9mm with the PM9 shooting double taps and kept all of them on the page. Both of these guns shoot equally well. I only got the Kahr because I wanted a pocket 9mm.

12. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    LEOs in my area have been trading in their 9s for 40s over the last 5 years or so. Something about insufficient "stopping power" - at least for the kind of things that happen to them. Since the PM9 is the same size as the PM40, I got the PM40. Like other Kahrs, the trigger is excellent. I think that accounts for it being more accurate than my P3AT. More reliable than my P3AT also, and 2.5 times the energy output. It even has tritium night sites. So, why is the P3AT my always gun instead of the PM40? You guessed it - comfort  :)
    [​IMG]