Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Darn it,

While out all day , from gun shop to gun shop, just browsing around , with a 1911 platform type in .22 LR kinda gun,in the back of my mind,which
btw , I could not find anything that I liked.

My lovely bride , who is always with, when I go gun browsing, spotted this little hole in the wall Pawn Shop.We were in Greenville Ky, to visit "Uncle Lee's", which is a HUGE Gun store, about an hour from home,very dissapointing today.

Sorry, I di-gress, the Pawn Shop. Well they had about 30-40 handguns under glass, nothing special.Some new, some used.

I been wanting one of these for about 2 years , just never pulled the trigger, "pun intended".
This one was just looking at me with those nice cut checkered cocobola grips , and after thorough inspection, and trying both cylinders, the 22 mag cyl was never opened, and saying to my self , "self" this is the time to "pull the trigger".

I DID.:D

This thing is lke new , the girl said she knew the guy who owned it, and he only shot 6 rnds thru it and put it up til he pawned it. Maybe.
But it looks like it.

$100.00 bucks OTD.:D

100_2877.jpg

100_2878.jpg

100_2879.jpg

100_2882.jpg

Now I dont need to keep looking for one.:D

Oh yeah, the reciept was in box where the guy paid $175.00 on 3/11/2011.

Jim:cool:
Just went out back and shot six rnds .22lr Blazer lead RN. Great shooter , at 20 yds , left hand, standing , 4" group . Seems about 1" or so high, but Ill bench it later and see, Im happy now

Attachments

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Very nice!!! Congrats!!! I had one for about 3 days, Fired a box of ammo through both cylinders. Stopped in at a gun shop on the way home from shooting it and ended up swapping it in on a ruger SBH. Already had a few 22 pistols and that little pistol gave me the SA fever.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Toney,
I also have a SBH and this aint no SBH , but fun, and cheap to shoot , unless you use the magnum cyl. I picked up a 50 cnt box of CCI maxi mag,wow tax and all $11.93. Thats more than 9mm. 22 cents each- ouch,.:eek:

I think the PMR 30 may be losing its grip on me.:D

Jim

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Well done Jim.

The Heritage frame is aluminum or something so it is light weight, making it great for the younger shooters.

It sounds like a good idea but I can't figure out what the magnum cylinder should be used for. Just enjoy the .22 LR. :)

G2S

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I'd be kinda wary shooting .22 WMR out of an alloy (Zamak) framed pistol, honestly. Not so much an issue that I'd be worried about it blowing up on me - the cylinder and barrel, after all, are steel - but I've heard more than once they don't seem to hold up well to a lot of .22 WMR before the frame cracks ... sometimes even after just shooting .22 LR. For a $100 gun, though, you could always do a lot worse. At least it's not a Rohm... :D

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
You're right, the grips are lovely. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Hi Jim,
Nice get there. They are cheap guns, but guns none the less. Lots of fun. Be careful of the aluminum frame. That is paint on it, if I'm not mistaken, and rough treatment or over over scrubbing can peal the paint so the aluminum leaks out. No harm to the function, just the looks of the gun. I like the check grips. Look at the specs on the .22 mag. Dont' compare it to the round that they make millions a day of, compare it to other rounds with the same energy. It is really a neat round, me thinks. And now you can get a Henry lever in .22 lr or mag. Try a .22 mag out of a nice 20 inch barrel, and you have something there. Aslo, like the .17hmr's they dont make many 'plinking' grade rounds, so again, compare them to other 'high end' rounds with ballistic tips and what not.
I'm a very rational person, I can rationalize almost anything I want. ;)
btw, look for some Winchester Dynapoints, about 16 cent/round.

Lop

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
very nice! I just got back into .22 SA shooting, nothing like a decent trigger to make everything else feel like trash :)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah , I know this little revolver aint much, but I got a 10 yr old grandson that will sit at a table and shoot and reload this thing all day long.
Thats really my reasoning, and at a buck , I just couldnt help myself, to supply him with all the fun he can have.

I probably will try the .22 magnum ,just to see what happens , then never use it.

Lop, your right, Im sure I will RATIONALIZE somethin to accompany this .:cool:

Jim

BTW , I got a Beeman 10" barrel .22 that holds my hand(2 fingers) great, that I am getting really attached to.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I have one. I use it and my Henry lever action when I need to scratch the cowboy itch. Fun gun. Accurate enough for me. Great revolver to teach with. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I'm about 5 minutes from Uncle Lees Jim. They had a bunch of those in there last week with the fiber optic sights but none had those grips. Congrats on the new gun! Mine shoots a little high but it's pretty accurate. Are those grips standard now?

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm about 5 minutes from Uncle Lees Jim. They had a bunch of those in there last week with the fiber optic sights but none had those grips. Congrats on the new gun! Mine shoots a little high but it's pretty accurate. Are those grips standard now?
I just left Uncle Lees , and went into this pawn shop and seen this one. Uncle Less had same gun reg grips for $219.00.
Those grips are not standard. They are a 29.99 option.

So I figured at 100 bucks OTD , like new gun with 30.00 grips , I just could not help myself.:D

Working near there are ya?

Jim

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hey Wade, yeah Im licking my chops on that one.:D

I dont get lucky like that, ever.

I feel a little like Pancho on that one.:D

Jim

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I was thinking that was a little Pancho-esque of you. ;)

I was just looking at some of the 4" bbl Taurus 8 shot SS revolvers "blems" on sale for $350. :(

Enjoy and let us know how it shoots. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
I see both of you say they shoot high. I have heard you really need to bury the front sight post up close with these. I think the Uberti .45 Colt I got for Christmas has the same problem. My son said it was high at 25'. I haven't got to shoot it yet.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hey Wade, yeah Im licking my chops on that one.:D

I dont get lucky like that, ever.

I feel a little like Pancho on that one.:D

Jim
Ya get the P.V. seal of approval on that deal compadre! Good little pistola. Shoot the hell out of it. [email protected] hard to shoot one enough to wear one out or even shoot it loose.

Lop mantioned the Winch. Dynapoints in the .22 mag. They can be had for less than 10 bucks. Sometimes as low as 7 or 8. They are not smokin' hot like the Winch Super X or the CCI maxi-stuff, but much less cost for plinking. If ya have a .22 mag only gun, they are great. I have killed a few javelinas with them.

Yep, alot of the fixed sight SAs shoot high. How does that old gunfighter story go, "shoot for the belt buckel to hit them in the chest." Guess that works o.k. unless you are shooting at tree rats or bunnies. They ain't got no belt buckels.

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Bunnies wear no belts because they wear no pants ... which might have something to do with how fast they breed. Lewd little creatures... :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts