I had my doubts...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by billfromtx, Feb 4, 2010.

1. billfromtx

billfromtx New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I got my P3AT from my brother about a year ago.  He had about 200 rounds thru it with 2 FTF's. I put another couple hundred rounds thru it with out a hiccup.  Its been my go everywhere, do everything, front pocket/dressed up tucked IWB gun for about 6 months! You can talk about weak mouse guns and unreliable Kel-Tecs all you want! I aint buying into it!
    Every month or so I go out to the farm and shoot out all 7 round. (cause I ALWAYS keep it loaded and want to put fresh ammo in it) !  
    Its never ever ever ever failed to spit my critical defense ammo out as quick as i can pull the trigger!  

I love it!! :)

Now I want a PF-9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the new gun. Don't you just love how there's basically no outfit but a speedo that you cant find a spot to conceal it. lol

3. RJTravel

RJTravel New Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I agree 100 percent. IMO a broken-in and well-maintained simple auto is the most reliable weapon you can carry. I have never had an auto failure not due to ammo. Mine accompanies me everywhere.
    Richard

4. Maggie_Drawers

Maggie_Drawers New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    I'm envious. But, I hope to get mine that reliable real soon!

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I hear you. My first P3AT took a bit of work to get 100% reliable but once accomplished led me to buy a 2nd. What a great gun to carry when you can't carry anything else and what a great BUG when you can.

Take care...

6. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I did the same thing.
    My dad got his ccw permit and we found the p3at at a local shop. We knew he wouldn't break it in, so i did it for him. That same week, I went out and bought one for myself.
    After about a year of carrying it without one problem....I went out and bought the Pf9.

The Pf9 isn't my everyday carry gun like the p3at....I have to use the belt slide holster for it.
    I've been carrying the Pf9 during the winter when my shirt and coat will cover the holster...I've gotten too
    spoiled with the P3at.

7. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    That sounds like a challenge to all on the board. :eek: ;D ;) :)

I love my P3. Front pocket, back pocket. It goes everywhere with me.

8. Klutch

Klutch New Member

Feb 13, 2010
    That sounds like a challenge to all on the board.  :eek: ;D ;) :)

I love my P3.  Front pocket, back pocket.  It goes everywhere with me.[/quote]
    That's no challenge that's a bad dream! All the guys I've seen in speedo's look like they're smuggling a squirrel!?!?

9. billfromtx

billfromtx New Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I could conceal mine while wearing a Speedo...but it would hurt like like the dickens! ;D