I got my P3AT today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by billjohnso20, Jan 19, 2009.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Hi all,
    I finally got me a P3AT today. I've been looking at them and reading up on them here since I got my Ruger LCP and my PF-9. My local gun dealer had one several weeks ago but I was too slow to get it. He keeps his inventory on line. It showed up the other day and today I got it for get this $255.00 + tax. That's out the door for $275.00. My serial# is K1R5x. I'll tear it down tonight to clean, F&B any bad spots including sanding the overmolding, and lube it.

It's rather cold here in KCMO so I'll get it to the range as soon as I can. I plan to carry Rem Golden Sabers in it like I do in my LCP after I get it broken. I looking forward to enjoying this gun for years to come.

2. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Congrats!!!
    I hope you all of the fortune I have had with mine. My Little Katie has functioned flawlessly. For such a small, little thing, she has really impressed me. I carry her with me as much as the law will allow. Please let us know how yours does for you and let us know if you make any modifications and such cause we may be thinking the same thing!! Sounds like you got a good deal. I did no initial fluff and buff, well except a couple hundred rounds.

3. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Gotta ask, how do you know its a girl? ;)

4. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I got the name from "K"el-"T"ec..."KT"....Katie. I also named it in honor of a John Wayne movie "Big Jake" where Jacob McCandle's had a derringer pistol that he named Betsy. I figured I might as well name mine Katie!!

5. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Gotta like a man who names his Dog "Dog" and his gun betsy he also had greener shot guns in that one

6. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Looks like theirs quite a few of us from MO here. I've had my P3 for about six months. I have about 400 rounds through mine with only a couple hiccups. I had a two FTF and one FTE while shooting cheap target ammo. It has been perfect through 200 rounds of quality carry ammo. A combination of Remington Golden Sabres and Speer Gold dot. Both worked fine but I'm carrying the Golden Sabres.