I got my P3AT back today....they did not fix it!!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by drg-racr, Oct 14, 2009.

1. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I am so unbelievably dissapointed right now that I can hardly believe it.  I sent my P3AT back(6 days after I bought it new) over 8 weeks ago because of a cracked mag and light strikes due to a messed up sear/hammer problem...some of you may remember the video below.  I explained the problem in the letter to them and how it light strikes when pulling the trigger slower as if you are shooting targets with it and I told them the hammer stops before it hits the firing pin.  I got it back today 8 weeks and one day from the day they recieved it from me and all they did was replaced the mag...they checked that they polished the feed ramp(they didn't, I did) and that they replaced internal parts and test fired.  They did not replace any trigger, sear or hammer parts....same exact problem.  I cant wait 8 more weeks.  I was so excited when it came in today...what a letdown.  Will they treat me right and try to get this squared away quickly or will it be 2010 before I can shoot my P3AT again?  The bottom video is one I made today for Keltec to see.    

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AirbornePayne

AirbornePayne New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    They did not fix it!!! Me neither!!

:eek: Sorry for you frustration.  

Received mine today also.  Guess what!  NOTHING done to mine either.  >:(

Mine was test fired and sent back with a highlighted paper saying everything was "normal."  I disagree.

PM sent to see if it was the same technician.

I'm bout to start a thread so the guys here can tell me I'm crazy too, again.  :-?

3. TNHitter

TNHitter New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Re: They did not fix it!!! Me neither!!

What were you sending it in for?

I hope this isn't the beginning of some kind of cost savings effort....

4. AirbornePayne

AirbornePayne New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Re: I got my P3AT back today....they did not fix i

@ TNHitter

Not nearly as serious a problem as drg-racr's sear or hammer.  I have a rough and odd hole in my slide.  It is functional, but worrisome...

The worst part or racr's experience is that he went to the trouble of a video and a descriptive letter, which was evidently ignored.

5. springerchop

springerchop New Member

Aug 21, 2009

I have a feeling no one saw the video when they were "repairing" it b/c the problem is so obvious. You have to send it back again.

Gotta be someone else higher up you can talk to and explain the situation- maybe ask to send it back to their attention. It ain't gonna work like that. Sucks.

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008

What a bummer. Call KT and talk to the repair supervisor or Vice President over that area as springerchop said; send it back in their care. KT has great CS and have done right by me on my only repair. Unfortunately, this does happen from time to time with gun makers and other manufacturers. :( I've heard horror stories about Ruger, Springfield, Kimber, Para, and Taurus. I've also heard how good they were too. Best of luck.

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

If that is the hole, normally cresent shape, where the hole bored for the extractor breaks through the bottom of the slide, then that is normal.  However if it left any proud materail, it should be removed or it may cause a sratch on the frame rails.

here is a post asking about and posting pics
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1234070019

drg-racr..the new Marketing Manager, Derek, has recently posted here. I would ask to speak to him

8. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005

Why not just ask them to send you a new set of internal frame parts: (trigger, trigger axis, hammer, hammer axis, trigger bar, and most importantly, a new hammer block and hammer block pin and spring? Then replace them yourself and have it good to go by the end of next week! :D

9. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009

Pocketgun.....I tried that before I sent it in 2 months ago. I told them I just got it and I didn't want to send if off for weeks and weeks and that am able to work on it if they could send the parts. They would not. I realize they dont know me and have no idea if I'm capable but I am and could have had it taken care of in a week once I got parts.

10. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009

I called Keltec this morning. They are having UPS pick it up in the next day or two. I also emailed the video to them. They said they would repair it and get it back to me quickly. Time to box it up...

11. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN

most of the time kel tec get the gun fixed right the first time. sometimes it looks like they don't. but be sure they will get it right.

12. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005

I don't think I have ever heard of them refusing to send parts. Well, I guess they don't mind paying two way shipping and doing the work themselves. Lets hope someone is paying better attention this time around.

13. KuduKing

KuduKing New Member

Aug 27, 2005

Oh yeah. Last year I had a couple of PF9 mags that refused to lock open the slide, manually or on the last shot. I called and asked for two new followers - simple cheap parts. I was told they could not do that and I would have to send the magazines to them, which I did. The mags came back replaced, and worked for awhile, then stopped locking open again. I've given up on the last-shot lock-back feature on the PF9, but that is another story...

14. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

are followers an available part? or any piece parts for a magazine?

15. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

I think they have magazine springs as a separate part. They will not normally supply owners with new followers or other internal magazine parts tough. If you know them and are a walk-in customer YMMV on that account however.

16. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

They have sent new followers to the PF9 crowd as those mags (apparently not made by mecgar) have softer followers that have worn quickly compared to mecgar's goods. It could be that has been fixed, I don't know. They have made new followers with a differnt depth shelf for the slide lock tab. I shot about 130 rounds today in a new PF9 and noticed no wear on the followers.... yet, but now I am off topic.

17. drg-racr

drg-racr New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    UPDATE

Keltec overnighted my pistol back to them and one day later overnighted me a brand new one. Very pleased about that.

18. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008

Oh yeah.  Last year I had a couple of PF9 mags that refused to lock open the slide, manually or on the last shot.  I called and asked for two new followers - simple cheap parts.  I was told they could not do that and I would have to send the magazines to them, which I did.  The mags came back replaced, and worked for awhile, then stopped locking open again.  I've given up on the last-shot lock-back feature on the PF9, but that is another story...
    [/quote]

Take a look here for the fix you need.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1249738565

I personally was sent two mag followers this year. I just called explained the why of why I needed them and they sent them to me. Maybe they're not doing that anymore?

19. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach

Oh yeah.  Last year I had a couple of PF9 mags that refused to lock open the slide, manually or on the last shot.  I called and asked for two new followers - simple cheap parts.  I was told they could not do that and I would have to send the magazines to them, which I did.  The mags came back replaced, and worked for awhile, then stopped locking open again.  I've given up on the last-shot lock-back feature on the PF9, but that is another story...
    [/quote]

Take a look here for the fix you need.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1249738565

I personally was sent two mag followers this year. I just called explained the why of why I needed them and they sent them to me. Maybe they're not doing that anymore?[/quote]

If I remember correctly, you have to ask for Service...not Parts. They'll hook you up with the new followers.

Rick