I finally got me a P3AT!!!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by engineer88, Mar 7, 2008.

1. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Picked it up today. Blue model (I like them best) JKXXX model number. I cleaned quite a bit of flash up and there is an imperfection on the frame, but that can be my only complaints at this point. I hand cycled a couple hundred times and now I am really looking forward to going this weekend to put a hundred through it. Will probably F&B before then and lube of course.

These things really are a marvel of machinery though. So well made and thought out.

I know a lot of folks would think this is a bad idea, but this is going to be my primary carry, not BUG. Eventually a J-Frame will join it in the carry rotation, but until then this lil guy gets the nod. I haven't decided on a name yet. ;D

Well, I just wanted to share my joy. I am literally giddy with my new purchase. :)

2. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Heck yeah... I carry mine as a primary and don't think twice about it. Out to 40 yds I can put all 8 shots in a man-sized target if that tells you anything. Carry it like you own it!

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Good luck with your new gun.

Why is it you like blued over the other two finishes?

Take care ...

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I'll assume from your handle, you have the Knack too ;)

Once I started to look closely at the design, I was impressed with the utilization of the dimensions. every thing is nearly exactly (<.030") what it has to be to function, i.e. not overtravels nor margins.

6. TJB63

TJB63 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Congrats on the purchase, I bought one a few weeks. It will be my primary until I get that 9mm Kel-Tec next weekend. ::)

I'm thinking the P3 will be the perfect summertime carry gun and the 9mm will work better in the Winter months when I'm not running around in just a tee-shirt and jeans. I have a J-Frame I gave up on carrying except in rare occasions, I'm just not a revolver guy and I couldn't hit anything with it beyond 3 feet. So far the P3 has proven minute of bad guy out to 30 feet.

Enjoy
    TJB

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Congratulations! I know you are going to like owning the little bugger. I am also glad you decided to go with the P3AT and not the P32.

Saturday at the range then, right? 1600 hours? :) ;)

8. Everhoo

Everhoo New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Me Too.

I picked up a black one today from a local pawn/gun shop. It's brand new in the box and I've run about 50 rounds of various stuff through it to start the break in. So far I'm very impressed with this little gun. I hate to admit that I've avoided it for a while just based on looks (Men are so vain about our toys), but the high marks from every post everywhere online changed my mind (plus my snubbie gets really heavy some times). I carried it today in my front pocket and hardly noticed it was there........nice!! :)

9. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG.

Based upon looks? :-? You don't like the double naugh spy look ;)

10. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Looks for one thing. Easy and cheap to touch up is another. I also don't favor the park because it is like a wannabe two tone. I like the chrome, they look real nice, I just prefer the blue. It looks the most sleek to me, hehehe.

11. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007

Once I started to look closely at the design, I was impressed with the utilization of the dimensions. every thing is nearly exactly (<.030") what it has to be to function, i.e. not overtravels nor margins.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I took it apart today and got to know it better. Got it all ready for the range and had a blast! I love the little sucker! I could not be happier. :cool:

12. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Oddly enough (even though rimlock made me not too fond of the P32 for carry) it was the slide lock that was the deal breaker for me. I actually really like NOT having a slide lock. Call me crazy...I know...

13. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Keep
    It
    Simple
    ;)

14. LOL.........With time and rounds down range, it gets even better!

Congrats and welcome to KTOG engineer!

15. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Keep
    It
    Simple
    ;)
    [/quote]

As an engineer, it is one of my mantras. That and "do it right...right now". I hate coming back to patch-engineer.

16. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007

[/quote]

+1 I love taking things apart to see how they were engineered. This little gun is well done, IMHO.

17. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    I guess Ruger agrees with you.. :D

18. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    ;D ;D ;D
    Now thats funny, don't care who you are