Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range exercising my PF9 and BuckMark when I noticed the shooter in the next lane had a P3AT. I promptly went into the shop and got a box of PMC .380 ball. Since I provided my own ammo the owner was willing to let me shoot the pistol.

It got interesting real quick: When he handed me the pistol, I cleared it as usual. After removing the mag, I racked the slide, and something shiny came out. "Oh, great," I thought, "The idiot didn't clear his gun when he put it away." Well, actually he didn't, since the object was a fired case. However, the case was NOT a .380! It was a .32 that had actually fired. The case was badly bulged and split (well, DUH!).

Anyway, I fired 15 rounds through the gun and was pleasantly surprised at how easy-shooting it is. At 10 yards, I easily kept all shots in the head of the target. I was as accurate with it as I am with my PF9.

Now to keep myself convinced that I DO NOT NEED a P3AT...I really don't...really...:-/
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
32,240 Posts
Dang! Had the guy been shooting 32 acp or did just on round make it's way in there. Did you tell him?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TxCajun said:
Dang! Had the guy been shooting 32 acp or did just on round make it's way in there. Did you tell him?
When I showed the case to him, he mumbled something about his wife's gun, so the round must have gotten mixed in by accident. He had been complaining about problems with "wadcutters" (hollowpoints), and I thought what you did; wrong caliber ammo, but all his remaining ammo was .380. I gave him the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Get it!

Glad it shot well for you. People really need to check their ammo before they just stuff it into a magazine, especially if its someone elses.

Are you a CCW holder? See you dont need a P3AT but think about how nice a little light weight pocket pistol that you are accurate with would be if your just going down to the stop-n-rob or when you just want to throw the P3AT and a pocket holster in your pocket and go. It could even be a perfect BUG to the PF-9 or any gun you might CCW. When your out doing yard work like mowing the lawn or doing something in a garden and you don't want to wear the PF-9 in a holster as your shirt might ride up or its hot and you don't want to put on that nice leather holster but instead just throw the P3AT in a pocket . ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,201 Posts
Re: Get it!

Nakanokalronin said:
It could even be a perfect BUG to the PF-9 or any gun you might CCW. When your out doing yard work like mowing the lawn or doing something in a garden and you don't want to wear the PF-9 in a holster as your shirt might ride up or its hot and you don't want to put on that nice leather holster but instead just throw the P3AT in [highlight]a pocket holster and then into[/highlight] a pocket . ;)
Fixed it for ya Nak.

-Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Here in OH, if you want to walk around with a P3 in your socks, or a pocket, or wherever, it's fine.  But if you want to carry it in your car, it must be in a holster and on your person, or in a container of some kind.  Confused yet?  :eek:

(Back on topic: )

Some years ago, I had a .380 on the range table, along with an S&W M39 9mm.  I managed to fill a 9mm magazine with .380's.  

First one fired just fine (it was held against the breech face by the extractor), but it refused to eject, and split the case....  Ooops....

I've never managed to do that with a P3, but it's early this week....

I also can't find my fool pocket holster for my P3.  It's here someplace....

(Buy two. They're small....)

Regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Get it!

Nakanokalronin said:
Glad it shot well for you. People really need to check their ammo before they just stuff it into a magazine, especially if its someone elses.

Are you a CCW holder? See you dont need a P3AT but think about how nice a little light weight pocket pistol that you are accurate with would be if your just going down to the stop-n-rob or when you just want to throw the P3AT and a pocket holster in your pocket and go. It could even be a perfect BUG to the PF-9 or any gun you might CCW. When your out doing yard work like mowing the lawn or doing something in a garden and you don't want to wear the PF-9 in a holster as your shirt might ride up or its hot and you don't want to put on that nice leather holster but instead just throw the P3AT in a pocket . ;)
I appreciate the encouragement and support, but you have exactly described the way I use my PF9. :) In a pocket holster, of course. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
Re: Get it!

shep854 said:
[quote author=Nakanokalronin link=1218240672/0#3 date=1218315234]Glad it shot well for you. People really need to check their ammo before they just stuff it into a magazine, especially if its someone elses.

Are you a CCW holder? See you dont need a P3AT but think about how nice a little light weight pocket pistol that you are accurate with would be if your just going down to the stop-n-rob or when you just want to throw the P3AT and a pocket holster in your pocket and go. It could even be a perfect BUG to the PF-9 or any gun you might CCW. When your out doing yard work like mowing the lawn or doing something in a garden and you don't want to wear the PF-9 in a holster as your shirt might ride up or its hot and you don't want to put on that nice leather holster but instead just throw the P3AT in a pocket . ;)
I appreciate the encouragement and support, but you have exactly described the way I use my PF9. :)  In a pocket holster, of course. :cool:[/quote]

But that leaves 3 more pockets and mabey 5 if your wearing cargo pants. ;)

adamsesq: Yea I wrote pocket holster the first time I just did'nt the second as I thought it was intended to mean with a pocket holster.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top