I Finally Fired a P3AT Today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by shep854, Aug 8, 2008.

1. shep854

shep854 Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I was at the range exercising my PF9 and BuckMark when I noticed the shooter in the next lane had a P3AT. I promptly went into the shop and got a box of PMC .380 ball. Since I provided my own ammo the owner was willing to let me shoot the pistol.

It got interesting real quick: When he handed me the pistol, I cleared it as usual. After removing the mag, I racked the slide, and something shiny came out. "Oh, great," I thought, "The idiot didn't clear his gun when he put it away." Well, actually he didn't, since the object was a fired case. However, the case was NOT a .380! It was a .32 that had actually fired. The case was badly bulged and split (well, DUH!).

Anyway, I fired 15 rounds through the gun and was pleasantly surprised at how easy-shooting it is. At 10 yards, I easily kept all shots in the head of the target. I was as accurate with it as I am with my PF9.

Now to keep myself convinced that I DO NOT NEED a P3AT...I really don't...really...:-/

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Dang! Had the guy been shooting 32 acp or did just on round make it's way in there. Did you tell him?

3. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    When I showed the case to him, he mumbled something about his wife's gun, so the round must have gotten mixed in by accident. He had been complaining about problems with "wadcutters" (hollowpoints), and I thought what you did; wrong caliber ammo, but all his remaining ammo was .380. I gave him the case.

4. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Get it!

Glad it shot well for you. People really need to check their ammo before they just stuff it into a magazine, especially if its someone elses.

Are you a CCW holder? See you dont need a P3AT but think about how nice a little light weight pocket pistol that you are accurate with would be if your just going down to the stop-n-rob or when you just want to throw the P3AT and a pocket holster in your pocket and go. It could even be a perfect BUG to the PF-9 or any gun you might CCW. When your out doing yard work like mowing the lawn or doing something in a garden and you don't want to wear the PF-9 in a holster as your shirt might ride up or its hot and you don't want to put on that nice leather holster but instead just throw the P3AT in a pocket . ;)

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Re: Get it!

Fixed it for ya Nak.

-Scott

6. SMMAssociates

SMMAssociates New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Here in OH, if you want to walk around with a P3 in your socks, or a pocket, or wherever, it's fine.  But if you want to carry it in your car, it must be in a holster and on your person, or in a container of some kind.  Confused yet?  :eek:

(Back on topic: )

Some years ago, I had a .380 on the range table, along with an S&W M39 9mm.  I managed to fill a 9mm magazine with .380's.  

First one fired just fine (it was held against the breech face by the extractor), but it refused to eject, and split the case....  Ooops....

I've never managed to do that with a P3, but it's early this week....

I also can't find my fool pocket holster for my P3.  It's here someplace....

(Buy two. They're small....)

Regards,

7. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL

I appreciate the encouragement and support, but you have exactly described the way I use my PF9. :) In a pocket holster, of course. :cool:

8. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Active Member

Apr 7, 2007

I appreciate the encouragement and support, but you have exactly described the way I use my PF9. :)  In a pocket holster, of course. :cool:[/quote]

But that leaves 3 more pockets and mabey 5 if your wearing cargo pants. ;)

adamsesq: Yea I wrote pocket holster the first time I just did'nt the second as I thought it was intended to mean with a pocket holster.

9. shep854

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Now that is a point to ponder! :-?