I Can't reply in "The Counter"..

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Tech141, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Tech141

Tech141 New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    I can't.  Do I need to post in other forums a certain amount of times before I can?  I can reply in other forums, but NOT "The Counter".  Is there a reason?  Curious, just would like to know why...

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Please read the links that were sent to you when you signed up.  Or go to the stickies above this thread and read them; the one entitled "Forum Access Restrictions" will help the most.  Yes, there are limitations on the access of those with post counts below 25.  But there are some great on topic areas that you can pretty quickly build up remaining posts you need.

-Scott

3. Tech141

Tech141 New Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Thanks for that Scott. I don't have the info that was sent when I originaly signed up, but I read the Restrictions thread. Answered my question.

Might be a while until I hit 25 posts but Oh Well. I will comply with the rules, like I have a choice...:)

4. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    You made it almost 10% of the way there just in this post alone. Go check out the other forums and ask some questions, tell us a little about yourself. I haven't read your other posts but if you don't have any KTs yet go check out the Other Guns area and tell us about what you do have. You'll make it in no time.

-Scott

5. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.

Don't worry 25 posts goes by quicker than you might think :)

John

6. zaitcev

zaitcev Member

Nov 6, 2007
    I wish it were so. Back when I joined, the threshold was 10 IIRC, then 16, and now 25 (I only tracked Trading Post restrictions, but let's assume The Counter has the same barrier). It clearly grows faster than I can post. It this continues I will NEVER reach it.

--
    Pete

7. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    "zeitcev", I'm sure you have something to contribute on some topic or other. I just checked your public profile on this board and you've been a member for well over a year. It's really easy to run up your post count. Just look at how may posts some of our other member have. Just say something, anything. We're waiting to hear from you! :)

8. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    :-?
    I'v never seen one till this past year when it started and that was at 25. But after seeing all the mistakes in the trading post by new members not reading/following the rules I wish it were much higher

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I wish it were so. Back when I joined, the threshold was 10 IIRC, then 16, and now 25 (I only tracked Trading Post restrictions, but let's assume The Counter has the same barrier). It clearly grows faster than I can post. It this continues I will NEVER reach it.

--
    Pete[/quote]

As Burley said it's never been anything but 25.

-Scott

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    No sir.  Actually, the post count requirement to go from newbie to jr member used to be 50.  When we began restricting viewing the Trading Post and posting in the Counter to jr members and above, the required post count was actually lowered to 25.  I has never been anything else.  ;)

Don't tempt me.   :)  
    When this was first discussed, I was pointed to forums that require 50 and even 100 posts for full access.

Newbies:  Bottom line.  If you are not terribly knowledgeable, ask some intelligent questions.  If you are a seasoned veteran of the gun world, answer some.  New to Kel-tecs but not guns in general?  Hang out in the Other Gun and Accessories forums for a while. Drop by the Right to Keep and Bear Arms board.  25 posts is not a terribly high bar to clear.  Post up!   :cool:

11. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX

--
    Pete[/quote]

i call shenanigans. liar liar pants on fire. never been anything other than no requirement, then to 25 due to failure to follow the rules.

12. zaitcev

zaitcev Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Maybe some well-meaning members tried to instill false hope with low numbers. I should begin taking screencaps of everything I read at KTOG forums and try to make you eat your words about snenanigans and liars ... in another 5 years or so. But I'm not vindictive, especially where moderators are concerned :)

--
    Pete

13. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    ok, make me eat my words. but then again, I do not eat much....

please. lets go down this road.