I bought one

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by ryr8828, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ryr8828

ryr8828 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    OD and black. Was looking for a hideout 9, still looking, but when I handled the p3at I had to have it.

Getting ready to buy some more magazines. Are there extended magazines available? I take it that the grip extension is simply a pinky extension and doesn't add capacity?

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Both a grip extension and +1 extension are available, but if the +1 is out of stock it won't show up on KT's web store.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I'm jealous!  :(  My favorite color combo. Like it better than even my HC/Gray P3AT which ain't exactly ugly.

Best of luck with your new gun...

4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Even if the +1 extension doesn't appear on KT's website, they may have some. When I bought mine, none showed up online. I called them and asked. They did have them but not enough to put them online. I think I was told they had less than 100 when I bought mine. Because of this, I always call KT to place an order. That way I know what they have and what they don't have.

5. ryr8828

ryr8828 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    What do the +1 extensions cost?

6. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I think I bought mine for about $20 +/- shipping. That was a couple of years ago though so don't hold me to that. Adding the extension really makes the gun more controllable and doesn't print when IWB. Not so good for pocket carry but YMMV on that one.

7. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    I back pocket carry, and keep just the standard mag for the smallest package I can. My spare mag has the pinky extention. Great little gun, enjoy
    Lop

8. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Why buy the most compact 380 in the world just to make it bigger. The only advantage this gun has is its size.

9. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Why buy the most compact 380 in the world just to make it bigger. The only advantage this gun has is its size.[/quote]
    +1 I bought this gun because it is tiny. If I want a larger gun, I'll carry my G27. YMMV

10. ryr8828

ryr8828 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Why buy the most compact 380 in the world just to make it bigger. The only advantage this gun has is its size.[/quote]
    Range and spare mag.

11. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Range and spare mag.[/quote]

just dont' do all your range work with the "easy" handle. When you need this gun, you will need it the way you have it in your pocket. My "plan" is that if I ever need it, I'll use it with the small mag, small grip. The way it is in my pocket. Then I can do a tactical reload if I can/need. Hope that never happens. ::)

12. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Range and spare mag.[/quote]
    Hope that never happens.  ::)
    [/quote] Amen.

13. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I get really tired of all the "why buy the worlds smallest 380 then make it bigger, thats dumb, if i want a big gun i'll just carry my (insert larger heavier longer thicker more awkard to carry gun)"  The extension adds VERY little to the size of the gun.  Unless pocket carrying (mainly in the front pocket) you most likely will not notice the difference.  Even though it does add a VERY small amount of size to the gun, it has no effect on the THICKNESS, or the LENGTH, and basically no effect on the WEIGHT.  It in no way makes the guns size or ease of carry equal to the bigger guns I keep hearing referenced in these type of comments.  

14. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I'm assuming you made this comment with a smile on your face and you just wanted to add to the discussion with your ideas and opinions.

It would be easy for some to think you were upset when you wrote it when you started out with, "I get really tired of all the..." And then the use of capital letters...some take that as yelling, but you were probably just trying to make those words stick out so we could follow your thoughts more easily.

It's just a friendly conversation with various comments made. I stand by my original comments about my G27, but will add that I am not against someone adding a pinky extention or larger capacity magazine. I have carried my G27 with a G23 mag, but find it larger and more uncomfortable to carry. YMMV :)

15. ryr8828

ryr8828 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    The state of Illinois allowed me to pick up my new p3at yesterday. Golf and drinking after golf kept me from getting to shoot it. He had got some p11's in so I looked at one of those. Smaller than I imagined but I think too big for my pocket. I told him that if he could get me an od and chrome pf9 call and I'd probably buy one.
    My holster from pocketholsters.com came yesterday also. It's very well made and looks real nice but damn that thing is huge. I haven't decided if I like it or not. The pistol fits in my pocket easily but the holster completely fills my pocket up. Maybe I'll get used to it.

The only bad thing, 100 rounds of range ammo cost me $43.

16. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    ;)

Nicely put. The two most outstanding things about KTOG is the wealth of knowledge and the friendly tone.

17. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Roger that. $55 with tax for me. :eek:

18. ryr8828

ryr8828 New Member

Dec 27, 2009
    I just shot it for the first time, put 50 through it with no malfunctions or failures of any kind. It's quite snappy. I couldn't hit anything one handed with it but was accurate 2 handed. 50 is all I want to fire right now, the trigger kind of digs into my finger.

Man can this thing fling some brass. I was on the patio about 12 feet from the house. Went to pick up the brass, found 22 on the patio right next to the house and wondered where the rest went.

Something caused me to look up on the roof and there were some. 17 on the roof and in the gutters, 22 on the ground, and 11 unaccounted for. Maybe I should look on the other side of the house in the front yard. :)

19. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Sounds like a good time. Hey, searching for the brass is half the fun. :D

20. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    These things sure do fling the brass for one heck of a ride. I never can find it all when I shoot mine either.