Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any input on this particular handgun? It has a 3.75" barrel and is still in good condition. (It's a nickeled piece, so it won't corrode externally.)

No need to comment on the chambering, I just want someone's opinion on the pistol's quality.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
you don't have a pic, so I am assuming it is the SA only, single stack, fixed sight gun that was last imported by E.E.A. It is also a loose copy of the older single stack Berettas that were designed in 1934-35?

Earlier guns made by Tanfog. were imported by Excam and F.I.E. in Florida. If it is, then I can share some info.

I had quite a few of the Excam and F.I.E. guns in .22, .32, and .380 over the years. Some blue and some nickle. Never had problems with them as far as feeding or ejecttion. Always used FMJs in them to make sure. Only one of the .22s I had had some feeding problems. And I did get one of the .380s in a swap with a broken hammer, about half way down. But tha was easy to get and replace.

More recently, I had a couple of the E.E.A. .380s. They were much the same. Both ued. One was o.k. The other one had a cracked frame. It was hard to notice the crack cause it was only visible for 1/8 of an inch with the grips and slide on. The frame was cracked on both sides from the top opening under both grips. The cracks ran up both sides of the mag well to the slide rails. You could not see that unless you had the slide and grips off. The gun still worked, but was not safe. It appeared that the metal in that area was very thin on both sides. Had to part it out. And I can't say if that is a common fault or not,

Can't gie you much more than that. But I did like the older Florida guns better. Use to swap alot of them at the gunshows.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is, as you described, a single-stack, single action pistol. As near as I can figure, it is in 98% condition. I am paying $199.99 + $30.00 shipping for the unit. The 3.75" barrel should provide an adequate platform for launching the 71-grain FMJ projectiles. The side of the slide is rollmarked "Made in Italy." It seems as if it is in excellent condition for a 24+ year-old pistol. From it's appearance, it hasn't be either abused, nor has it been extensively fired.

From my experience, the European ammunition seems to assist the French, Italian, German and Czechoslovakian pistols. This is due to the fact that they are loaded to higher pressures than American ammunition.

Thanks for the information.

Scott

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, if anyone owns one of these pistols and wants a new recoil spring, you can obtain them from Numerich Gunparts Inc. :D

Scott

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have good news from my 'smith. My pistol should be a good one.

Pictures of the pistol tell me just how beautiful this "belt pistol" truly is! I can't wait to try loading it up with some of the Buffalo Bore "heavy .32 ACP (+P) ammunition! (75 grains of hardcast, lead running at a true 1025 fps and 175 fpe from that 3.75" barrel) should make it a real "welterweight" contender when it comes to small game... and people!

Scott

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It appears to be a later pistol (of American manufacture.) The last of them rolled off the assembly line in 1988. From what you have said, I may have a good one.

Here's hoping.

Scott

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
There a good brand of gun IMO, Had a Tang. 9mm that was great, just a little heavy though, really accurate. Also, That 32 acp rifle is a waste of money IMO. A 22 mag would be far better for everything you could want to kill with it, lighter ammo and ammo prices and way more down range accuracy and punch:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Any input on this particular handgun? It has a 3.75" barrel and is still in good condition. (It's a nickeled piece, so it won't corrode externally.)

No need to comment on the chambering, I just want someone's opinion on the pistol's quality.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know anything about these pistols. I just wanted to say nickle will corrode. I got a S&W 1911 clone in 9mm from a friend and it was corroded a little.

·
Registered
539 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, don't know about this particular model, but as for Tonfoglio, I owned their pistol in the 10mm and it was a very well made pistol, but was all stainless and alloy and was a lot heavier than the Glock 20 or 29 in the 10mm. It seemed a very well made firearm and the price was decent, too. I agree with other posts about nickel - it takes more care than stainless. IMHO, I believe the pistol itself would be okay considering the workmanship of the others of theirs I have seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts