Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so happy with this thing ;D

I put 50+ rounds through it with zero FTE and 1 FTL that was my fault. My hand slipped off the slide before I pulled it all the way.

I then put 1 mag of Cor bon through it with no problems

It's definately more accurate than I am. I got about 5 inches at 7 yards.

The only thing I'm unhappy with right now, is the +1 extension I bought for it. The thing will slide right off. I was under the impression the the metal plate was suppose to rest on the outside of the magazine. Mine does not, it fits flush with the bottom of the magazine. Is this just a bad plate or am I doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again thanks for talking me into buying this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought the extension also. The new plate does not fit flat against the metal. There is a small space in which the metal flap you speak of covers up. Make sure the base plate is seated in the groove when you slide it on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blastinbob,

I had a heck of a time getting the metal plate to slide in the groove and get everything lined up, but even when I did the whole thing would slide right off. Hopefully this picture will show what I think the problem is. If I'm wrong please let me know, but it seems that the flange should be longer to hold the extension on.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
That baseplate is DEFINITELY defective. Call KT service tomorrow (1-800-515-9983) and they will send you a new one for free. This is a blurry picture and it is a P-11 +1, but you can still see how the baseplate should be:

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
When I first got my 2 +1s and installed them correctly, they both broke on the very first shot and fell to the ground in pieces.

KT replaced both of them without question and they have worked fine for 1 1/2 years. Aparently they sometimes get bad batches of these tempered parts.

Packer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.