I am lost without it.....

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by chase, Jan 31, 2010.

1. chase

chase New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    My P3AT has been at the mothership for 2 weeks now and there is a HUGE hole in my CCW format. Mr Smith Airweight has occupied the space as has Mr G26 but both pale in comparision in size to the P3AT. Even spent some time at the Rohrbaugh forum today just scoping out that small offering in 9mm. (Prices are, as we all know, extreme) Can someone post a pic of the new KelTec P9 next to the P3AT so I can get a feel for size? If worse comes to worse I would be willing to purchase the 9 or a new P3AT. I never knew how big a hole this left in my carry format! Absentance does indeed make the pocket grow fonder........ :-/

jb

2. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010

3. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
  4. kt4me

kt4me New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    When my P-3AT was off on its trip I went out and got a Ruger LCP. Then the 3AT came back and I thought about selling one of them, but for now have decided to keep both so I have a true back up should I lose one of them again.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Sure - hard chrome over navy. :cool:

[​IMG]

6. chase

chase New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Sure - hard chrome over navy.  :cool:

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

I knew I could count on all of you who responded to my post! Thanks Tx Cajun for the final image, I think it best to look at another P3AT to use for a back-up/second BUG. The cost and availability of .380 is beginning to emerge on the market place once again, so the question to myself is:"why **** with another platform"? For my second P3AT I want an OD green frame with the hardchrome slide...am I asking for too much? Guide me to the place where I can have my dream..

jb

7. chase

chase New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Cute! the automated sensor supplemented the original word in my post with "Thingy" It was originally the short name for 'Richard'. No jabs intended, I just noted how the internet works out the politically correct word for what we would normally say! jb

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Here's one for $279 plus shipping & FFL fees, or at least for drooling purposes.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=155777332

9. chase

chase New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Thanks TxCajun, noted that on GunBroker.com , I need to give my LGS a chance to compete with the price and figure in the transfer fees etc. I am fortunate to have a local gun shop that I have dealt with for over 35 years, but sometimes requires a reality check. It is all about the market. My OD green frame and hardchrome slide still stands as my next KelTec weapon so we either get together or I free source the internet and take the 15% transfer hit.

jb

10. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Sure - hard chrome over navy.  :cool:

[​IMG]
    [/quote]
    Sweet looking twins. :) Lovin' the navy. :cool:

11. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    FWIW, the OD green/hard chrome seems to be a relatively uncommon combination.  At the gun shows, I see maybe 1 or 2 of those for every 10 chrome/black models.  By far, most hard chrome models are on black grips so whether or not your local shop can get that particular gun for you remains to be seen.  Worst case scenario, you can order a new od grip from KT for about $25. Maybe you'll get lucky, especially if you are in no hurry.

12. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I like your thinking! Great minds think alike... Wound up liking my 1st Blued/Black P3AT so much I got a second in HC/Gray. B/B is for practice and the HC/G is for carry.

Oh, my favorite color combo, that I've seen in person, is Blued/OD.

Good luck...