Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Hydrographics durability

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  R.Ph. 380 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a Keltec that has been coated with hydrographics? If you don't know what that is it it's a full color printing process for just about any solid object that can be dipped in water. It's the same process used on camo rifles you see in magazines all the time. Reason I ask is we have done it on sports equipment and car parts as a sideline in our sign business. I am seriously thinking about doing my grips and maybe the slide on the p3at. I'm thinking it should be as durable as duracoat since it's what I will use as a clear coat but just wondering if anyone has it and seen any issues with it on a firearm.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Tell ya what guys, I have some carbon fiber print coming that I am going to try. If it looks as good as I think it will and I don't run into any issues with the texture of the grips and making it feel funny, sticky, gummy or whatever I will let you know. I will work something out with the first few who want to try it, cost of materials just to get some photos for example. I personally haven't tried doing any firearms with this process but other stuff we have done has looked good and held up great. I mainly do giant format stadium graphics but starting to get to old to hang off buildings. Need to start thinking smaller stuff and hydoprinting is a sideline to our regular work. I'm in St. Petersburg, Fl

Discussion starter · #9 ·
JFB said:
please be sure to abide by the KTOG rules with this discussion.
That would be "No commerce"
another though is this thread is not p3at specific, so the accesory section might be more approaite.
I'll let it stay here for now, but don't be surprised if it gets moved (or deleted)

I'm just asking if anyone had done it to a p380 and questioning durability. I own 200+ domain names and my own servers. If and when we decide to do it commercially people will know without me spamming the forum communities. All that does is tick everyone off. Getting the word out on the "net" is something I have done since before WWW became a reality running commercial and private BBS systems for all kinds of interest groups. I'm not trying to hijack the KTOG forum looking for business. If this is removed no big deal. Sorry if it offended the mods or broke the rules.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.