Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Go go comfort, then keep your feet dry.

use top-shelf socks (wicking type helps), corn meal or Dr. Scholl's powder, and *Sno-Seal* or equivalent.

Once a year, I heat my everyday hiker type work-boots up in the oven, and apply as much Sno-Seal as they will soak up.  

If I am in bush, then I use snake leggings, and on the occaision I am in swamp, I use knee-high mudboots, but most of the time, I am just in my same old clod hoppers, rain, shine, cold, warm (for Tennessee).

If you are not comfortable, your hunt, etc. will be miserable.  Go home before you get miserable.

I will also suggest steel shank, steel toes, for the support.

Break them in before you go to the woods.

B.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
torrent said:
I'v never ran across any 1 boot that can do it all. When hunting or fishing keeping your feet dry and comfy is very important , be like a scout and 'be prepared'  
Ah, you beat me to it.  I'll do some more research in a little bit but I'd say go with lace ups for what you'll be hunting and where.  
http://www.rockyboots.com/Products/search/outdoor_hunting_outdoor

I never get too far from the utility vehicle or truck, but I do keep a spare set of clothing, boots, socks, water, and food even on just a short outing or day trip. hunters get wet, vehicles break, trees fall, roads wash out. The basic spare stuff stays in the truck all the time during hunting & cold weather.

B.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts