HP ammo.

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by regrip, Nov 17, 2007.

1. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I have succesfully used the following standard ammo with my p3. Winclean, Blazer, and some reloads. With the F & B I've done, I am now ready to try the hollow points.

What hollow point ammo has been the most reliable for all of you for feeding and extraction? Or is there one or two to stay away from altogather? Thanks. Tom :)

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Haven’t heard of any particular hollow points not working well in the P-3AT.

The favorites for most folks here (and believe this is pretty much the correct order for defensive use) are:

Cor-Bon DPX
    Double Tap Gold Dot
    Remington Golden Saber
    Winchester Ranger
    Speer Gold Dot
    Federal Hydra-Shok

Unless you're from NJ where "hollow points" are illegal, so this expanding bullet is usually used:
    Federal EFMJ

Bobo

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Bobo, Thanks for that. I will look for one of those to use. Tom :)

4. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    Corbon DPX were 100% reliable in my old P3AT.

I have decided to switch to DoubleTap Gold Dots in the new one, mainly for cost reasons. I have not put any through it yet, but since it has gobbled up all the FMJ I have thrown at it, including some DT, plus a mag full of DPX, I think it will be fine. Next time I go shooting, which will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving at best, I will take the 3AT and box of the DT GD's for round 1 reliability testing. I think 50 of them is all my hand will want anyway.

5. john_glock_mi

john_glock_mi New Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Gold Dots here. My preferrred SD round.

6. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Both P3-ATs here work 100 percent with Corbon DPX!

Try it, you'll like it! :)

7. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Rem. Golden Saber given to me by a really good friend. :)

Dan