Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have succesfully used the following standard ammo with my p3. Winclean, Blazer, and some reloads. With the F & B I've done, I am now ready to try the hollow points.

What hollow point ammo has been the most reliable for all of you for feeding and extraction? Or is there one or two to stay away from altogather? Thanks. Tom :)

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Haven’t heard of any particular hollow points not working well in the P-3AT.

The favorites for most folks here (and believe this is pretty much the correct order for defensive use) are:

Cor-Bon DPX
Double Tap Gold Dot
Remington Golden Saber
Winchester Ranger
Speer Gold Dot
Federal Hydra-Shok

Unless you're from NJ where "hollow points" are illegal, so this expanding bullet is usually used:
Federal EFMJ

Bobo

·
Registered
345 Posts
Corbon DPX were 100% reliable in my old P3AT.

I have decided to switch to DoubleTap Gold Dots in the new one, mainly for cost reasons. I have not put any through it yet, but since it has gobbled up all the FMJ I have thrown at it, including some DT, plus a mag full of DPX, I think it will be fine. Next time I go shooting, which will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving at best, I will take the 3AT and box of the DT GD's for round 1 reliability testing. I think 50 of them is all my hand will want anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.