Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to polish the feed ramp on this thing (to remove a nick caused by a mis-feed) and do a good cleaning, how can I remove the barrel?

·
Super Moderator
10,061 Posts
I think barrel removal is a Kel-Tec thing. Special tooling and not a gunsmith or amateur gunsmith operation.

You should be able to polish the feed ramp without removing the barrel, although it'll probably be a pain to do that.

A few thousand rounds of ammo apparently polished the feed ramp on my SU-22 very well. It'll apparently feed the problematic Remington Golden Bullet ammo now. Maybe run a couple of 550 round bulk packs of Federal through yours? It's a much more fun method of polishing the feed ramp! :cool:

Seriously, as the round count increased, my SU-22 started to run like a Swiss watch.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Liberty4Ever said:
A few thousand rounds of ammo apparently polished the feed ramp on my SU-22 very well. It'll apparently feed the problematic Remington Golden Bullet ammo now. Maybe run a couple of 550 round bulk packs of Federal through yours? It's a much more fun method of polishing the feed ramp! :cool:

Seriously, as the round count increased, my SU-22 started to run like a Swiss watch.
After around 700 rounds of Federal through mine I tried some Remington Golden today. They fed great and shot tighter groups than the Federal did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts