Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently one of the anchor points to one of the drive springs broke loose and entire top cover Assy. Was sent in for repairs........in the meantime rifle was partially reassembled and stored........hammer was dropped by habit to store in armory condition.

When new parts arrived I noticed I could not open the rifle with the hammer forward.....strangely, exactly as mentioned in the owners manual.

After a few imaginitive and unsuccessful tries to cock the hammer I discovered the easiest way to accomplish this.

I placed a rectangular block of wood in the groove where the bolt normally rides.....in front of the hammer, then pushed the wood block backwards against the hammer using a cleaning rod through the bore.

The block must be the correct dimensions to fit and be able to slide backwards in the groove in front of the hammer, length of the block was aproxamatly that of a 762 cartridge, width was slightly narrower then the bolt groove, and height was tall enough to ride in the groove and still contact the hammer face, and short enough to clear the rear frame of the mag well to follow the hammer back to the full cock position.

Hopefully you never lock your gun closed by dropping the hammer......but if you do this should help you get her open.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Went through this myself, ended up pushing the hammer back with a large rubber covered curved tool we use in the auto industry to pry off door panels. That's what I get for disassembling the rifle and reassembling it without reading the manual first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts