Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when I went to range & I bought a standard clip for my PF9. I noticed when I was going to put the 7th round in, the clip would only take 6 rounds. My question is there any way to loosen the magazine spring?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Load it up and shoot it. Clean and debur the inside of the mag, KG10 to inside of mag. Load it up and shoot it. Springs loosen up with cycling.

Bill

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
There is a chance that the spring is facing the wrong way in the mag. It seems to happen every now and then. I would take it apart and check, you could make sure its clean and free of any burrs too. Avoid using anything other than a dry lube on the inside of the mag, if you don't have any just clean it and leave it dry, they usually don't need any lube.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R.Ph. 380 said:
Load it up and shoot it. Clean and debur the inside of the mag, KG10 to inside of mag. Load it up and shoot it. Springs loosen up with cycling.

Bill
Ok so time will solve everything?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I doubt time will solve it, usually if you can't fit all 7 rounds it is because the mag was not asembled properly. If its just difficult to get the 7th round in then use and time may help. Its very easy to take it apart and check, you just need a round punch or screwdrive that can pust the button in on the base. Just be careful when removing it due to the spring pressure. The top of the spring should be installed so its angle matches the follower.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It is possible to have the springs not only in backwards but wrong side up. I replaced 6 mag springs and even after studying the springs closely before installing them, somehow managed to install half of them wrong side up. Mags would only hold 6 rds! Reversed the springs, bingo..7rds. I can see how it could easily happen during assembly.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Assuming you mean disassemble the mag, it is just like the Glock shown in this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB28dFAMVQc[/ame]

·
Registered
83 Posts
dracer said:
make sure the spring is setted in the follower
This is what was wrong with the mag that came with my new PF-9. I disassembled, reassembled paying attention to spring placement in the follower, and seven rounds fit. I recently got another mag from Keltec online store and that one worked okay.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There is a chance that the spring is facing the wrong way in the mag. It seems to happen every now and then. I would take it apart and check, you could make sure its clean and free of any burrs too. Avoid using anything other than a dry lube on the inside of the mag, if you don't have any just clean it and leave it dry, they usually don't need any lube.
Good advice, it is worth a look. Also using it a lot will break some of the stiffiness.

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
Good deal. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts