Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I tend to walk with my hands in pockets a lot. Especially now that the weather is colder. Even before I got a P3AT I did that. I'd guess 95 % of the time I'm walking thru a parking lot I have a hand in the pocket. I seldom wrap my fingers around the grip, other than practice to make sure I could draw if need be.

Gotta love front pocket carry. ;)

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
More than a few times, I have stuck my hands in my pockets as a cautionary measure. I think it may make some BGs wonder and perhaps even change their mind.

Yes, I like front pocket carry. 8)

G

·
TxCajun said:
More than a few times, I have stuck my hands in my pockets as a cautionary measure.  I think it may make some BGs wonder and perhaps even change their mind.  

Yes, I like front pocket carry.   8)
when i was about 14, I think I did that alot ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
More than I can count! Everytime I answer the door is enough to raise the count pretty fast!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
quickmick7 said:
before or after you got your ccw?
Funny.8)

I do find myself slipping my hand onto the grip if I see a situation I may not be able to handle one on one. And also if there is a late knock on the door and visitors aren't expected. Carrying has become a new way of life for me and over the last year my situational awareness has increased immensely.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Pulled and pointed it one time to stop an assualt by 3 bgs and another time it was pulled and pointed to stop an assualt by 2 bgs.
Started to pull 2 other times when assualts stalled at too close.
I spend a lot of time in/near the hot zone so holding Roscoe is a weekly affair.

BTW -- Situation Awareness-Avoidance is critical... one last second avoidance technique is to move perpendicular well off line well before you meet, all the while confidently watching them. Now they know you know and know you will be prepared at least mentally....this will stop the vast majority of them. They're predators and usually want ALL the advantages including surprise....mostly likely they'll avoid further action.

If they divert toward you .. verbal commands, further avoidance or go to the gun or pepper as appropriate as they close. I'm a decent sized guy, look and dress a little like a cop so this works for me. YMMV :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.