Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I read about people having to move the front sight to the left. I did have to move mine to the left. I was wondering if there was a pattern here.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It seems like I read about people having to move the front sight to the left. I did have to move mine to the left. I was wondering if there was a pattern here.
On my PMR, the front sight came loose and I could move it with my fingers. Not good!. It shot low & left before I realized the front site was loose. Seeing that I live real close to Kel Tec I carried it over to them for repairs. They fixed the front site (new slide), the droop in the frame, and test fired it. Everything A-Ok now. Still has the serrated barrel but I have not noticed any keyholing with it. I love the PMR. If I can find a second one for the same $$ I will get it for the wife...

·
Registered
35 Posts
My sight was dead on when I first received it, but....it came off..twice!
The first time was KT's fault and of course the next time it came off was mine because I didn't screw it down tight enough ( I didn't have the right tool). After going to Sears and buying a .05 hex tool with a nice handle, It's set nice and tight now. If it comes off again, I have a small bottle of "blue" at the ready!!

So far my "spare parts kit" has an extra sight, and extra take-down pin, and an extra buffer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
my recently returned early model, with all upgrades including new front sight, shoots to my unrested two hand old slightly right of bullseye, i suspect it is my grip and trigger pull that contributes to slighly less than dead center, elevation is perfect.

i will dial in the laser next and then see how the front sight appears in comparison to bullseye shooting, as lasers show implied point of impact unlike plain sights.

i have found if able the groups get much tighter across the board b/t my handguns IF/WHEN using a laser.

cheers

·
Registered
408 Posts
mine was tight, but setup to shoot too far to the left. fixed that, dead center now. at 33 feet, it was plainly obviously not sighted in - even with a sighting tool, not cool. oh well, would assume any like new gun would be locked into a sighting tool, setup, and test fire to verify. oh well, i fixed it myself.

i'm not used to the new barrel though. my hold pattern is different feels like; broken in though, so i'll get used to it. definitely feels *different*. not exactly my favorite gun anymore (haven't shot it in months - perhaps after almost 2ish years, the honey moon is over?

·
Registered
221 Posts
mine has needed moved to the left from the begining but the burris is mounted and seated so i will leave it alone..love the burris on it for sure.
im still on my honey moon with the pmr,and will be getting 3 more in the future as the old antique one i have worn in now has never let me down..and the rmr will hopefully be available soon...PLEASE :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sights on or off?

Mine was dead on, no need to move it at all. Nice tight group at 25 yards. Using stock sights, no optics. Love that little gun. Happy as a lark with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts