Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Kel-tec estimates a 6,000 rd life for their handguns. But round count will not violate warranty work for original owners.

They are pocket self defense pistols, not plinkers. If you want something to shoot a bunch at the range I would recommend a .22lr pistol. Especially with the cost of .32 ACP.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
If you really want to shoot thousands of rounds through a P32 I would get two. After they both have been proven reliable and had a proper break in you can use one for carry and the other for the range. That way there is less risk of a failure with your carry gun due to a high round count. I'm not saying that they can't shoot thousands of rounds and still be reliable. I'm just saying what I would do if I wanted to shoot my P32 alot.

I have, without really thinking about it, started doing the same thing with my PF9s. The reason is because I found a great deal on a used HC PF9 and I already had a blued one. The HC has become my every day carry gun and I tend to shoot the other one more. Like I said, I didn't intend on doing this, it just worked out that way.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That settles it! I will have to add another P32 to my safe. One for plinking and one for carry. Not an excuse---just sound reasoning.:D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I still have it in mind to get a "full size" .32 auto for plinking.

Ammo cost in bulk is not a whole lot different from 9mm (~$10-11/box of 50).

CZ-83 is/was theoretically made in .32 acp, and Taurus Millenium Pro PT132 was also made. Unhappily, these may be out of production and hard to come by. But even a Walther PP or Bersa Thunder would stand up to lots of rounds better, I think. Full hand grip and all that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I smoothed off the frame...Nice Now

I really don't care for the term "fluff and buff", except it is easy to remember. I did all that smoothing and polishing to the internals, BUT Also to the frame.

When I 1st held my P32, I noticed how "edgy" it felt...and knew why the guys in the videos said that it hurt theIr handS after a stretch of shooting it.

The trigger had very noticeable raised edges, along with the trigger guard, and the front and back of the grip.
I smoothed all that out with a course sandpaper dremel bit (finishing with less gritty sandpaper), and smoothed down the "points" on the checkered sides of the grip.

It makes a HUGE Difference in comfort...and now I/you can shoot it all day with nothing to bother your hand.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I really don't care for the term "fluff and buff", except it is easy to remember. I did all that smoothing and polishing to the internals, BUT Also to the frame.
Not that it's a big deal but I just want to clarify it for others reading. I'm guessing by "frame" you are talking about the plastic grip and not the aluminum frame that is inside the grip. The plastic grip is fair game to modification but I wouldn't do anything to the aluminum frame. I also totally agree about removing the rough edges of the grip, it can make a big difference.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Pin. I find my P32 with the 10rd mag in seems pretty much like a fuller size pistol. I can get my whole hand on the grip and it has 10+1 rounds which is just about the same number of rounds as the regular fuller size .32acp pistols (I think the Taurus and cz have 12 rounds, the Walther 10?).

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I get that Harry. But I don't think the 10 rounder turns a P32 into a range gun, I guess is what I'm saying. Size and weight and heavier construction is what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Someone have idea at how many long life can have a kel tec p32?Can arrive at 10.000 shots?
I had about 1200 rounds through my P-32 in July 2010. I have just about shot up all my Prvi-Partizan FMJ, so I should be just under 1750 rounds fired.

It is my carry pistol, so I probably should not shoot it so much. But it is still running reliably. And it is fun to shoot. I have changed out the recoil spring and guide rod. Got to love the folks at Kel-Tec customer service, they sent me the replacement parts for free.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
redjak, call Leeprecision.com Tell em u want 4 die set for 32acp and a hand press. shoot all ya want, lifetime warranty... pm me for $ savings on reloading.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mikelecka you are right on the money with the Lee products they give you top of the line performance for a basement price. It feels great to not concern myself with cost of ammo when making a purchase. most handgun ammo comes out similarly prices when you do your own casting and reloading.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mikelecka, you are right about the cost savings with reloading. I live within the city limits, and the indoor range is the best place for me to shoot year round. I lose most of my brass because it ends up ahead of the firing line. So I order Prvi Partizan or Fiocchi online at the lowest prices I can find. For the past year or so, I have been shooting lots more 22 rimfire through my Ruger 22/45 than anything else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts