Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Long time listener first time caller.

I figured I would share how I set up my KS7, some thoughts and the methodology behind it. Hopefully I can jam this post out and edit it if needed.

Product Luggage and bags Sleeve Bag Material property Luggage and bags Webbing Bag Material property Beauty

It took a lot of consideration towards how I wanted to set this guy up, I had a lot of competing ideas, and a budget - at the end of this post I'll talk about some things that could be better.

I wanted an to keep the gun in as ambidextrous state as possible, so the Hi-tech CC neoprene check rest seemed perfect for being able to set the shells up on either side

The 6 round shotcard is from Vang Comp, they make a really rigid shotcard that attaches well.

For the sling I went with a Magpul MS3 and it works.

The sights just generic Magpul MBUS sights, again, they are nicely ambi - I went with an XS front night sight post replacement. I wanted spring loaded flip ups sights (hey maybe its not necessary but I like them) and it is difficult to find ones that accept an A2 front sight post, allowing you to turn it into a night sight. Another really great option are the UTG Front and Rear spring loaded sights (made in Taiwan sadly, but there is no denying their quality), they are for all intents and purposes just plain better sights. they allow for a better sight radius, they are aluminum and their rear sight is much cleaner (the magpul rear sight requires you to leave a portion in the "up" position for best use)

Automotive tire Human body Gesture Grey Headgear

I may end up switching them, but for now I'm really happy.

I struggled for an AGE with trying to decide what light to go with, but I finally settled on the cloud defense OWL. It was a bit of a tossup between the surefire scout light or the OWL, but the owl seemed to have a much sturdier mounting setup.

The throw on the owl is phenomenal and it doesn't cast any shadows from the barrel because of the great throw and how it positions, it was an easy setup and I'm more worried about the rail being able to survive it's size than the light dying..

Camera accessory Luggage and bags Bag Gas Gun accessory Wood Tints and shades Flooring Auto part Personal protective equipment Batting glove Glove Sports gear Gesture Helmet Automotive tire Automotive design Wood Grey Floor Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Revolver Helmet

That's all for now, edits and maybe some updates coming later

·
Registered
371 Posts
That looks like a smart set up......What you feel you actually need for the Real World, but not overly complicated with a lot of questionable "Gotta have it" accessories better suited to a range toy.

In defense guns, "Less is more" usually holds true.
Smart people set up a gun for whatever the most likely defense situation is actually possible, instead of the common setup better suited to extended combat in Falluga or standing off a mass assault by a heavily armed biker gang.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts