Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
It's pretty hot stuff and probably better than average. I have shot some but not tested it in any way other than for function and accuracy which was fine. It was snappy, IIRC. I'd guess it may penetrate more but expand less than DPX, but that is just a guess. Maybe there are some tests out there somewhere from a short barreled gun. :-/

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Can't find that... :-/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually I don't think they had data for expansion because the cor bon blew clear through their gel and the slug was not recovered. Pretty impressive for .380 to get over 16.5" through ballistic gel and keep going!

·
Registered
871 Posts
WADave said:
Actually I don't think they had data for expansion because the cor bon blew clear through their gel and the slug was not recovered.  Pretty impressive for .380 to get over 16.5" through ballistic gel and keep going!
Not impressive at all, because when 380 goes through 16" of gelatin it definitely has not expanded! >:(

·
Registered
871 Posts
That's from Marshall and Sanow's book that was written long before short barreled 380 pistols became popular.

Even if those are legitimate statistics, they are from pistols with much longer barrels than the P-3AT.

BTW, if you believe all that stuff from Marshall and Sanow's book, I have a bridge you might be interested in too. ;D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
cactus_jack said:
That's from Marshall and Sanow's book that was written long before short barreled 380 pistols became popular.

Even if those are legitimate statistics, they are from pistols with much longer barrels than the P-3AT.

BTW, if you believe all that stuff from Marshall and Sanow's book, I have a bridge you might be interested in too.  ;D

Just passing on the link.

As far as believing well, I look at things from
many different angles, and the come to my own conclusion.

AKA research :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.