Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ha, ha. I am fully aware of how to unfold it. It just seems that it is not as "user friendly" as it should be. Perhaps it is just me. It definitely does not unfold in any sort of "ready position"...unless you know something I don't. Which is quite possible as I am new to this weapon. If you do, please explain.
it does though.. if you are right handed, hold the weapon like so (picture)
29jzUL0g.jpeg

then, simultaneously with the right hand on the latch (works MUCH better/faster with the Rapid Deployment Latch from M*CARBO; i have it on my other Sub, this one was on my desk at the time) flip the latch open, while simultaneously flipping the weapon open with your left hand. takes a small amount of practice, but you can deploy the weapon very fast (even with the OEM latch); and it looks smooth (and cool). hope this helps

Reactions: Razzle

·
Registered
131 Posts
while simultaneously flipping the weapon open with your left hand.
use your left hand/arm to do 98% of the work once you flip that latch. just a quick snap of the hand/wrist/arm (left) and the weapon will instantly deploy. practice it a bit and you will have it down good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks to all who have responded. Very much appreciated. The only thing one must watch is when holding by the grip is not getting your fingers caught by the trigger guard. OUCH! I learned the hard way. I pretty much have it down and am able to open it very smoothly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks to all who have responded. Very much appreciated. The only thing one must watch is when holding by the grip is not getting your fingers caught by the trigger guard. OUCH! I learned the hard way. I pretty much have it down and am able to open it very smoothly.
Youre welcome

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
it does though.. if you are right handed, hold the weapon like so (picture) View attachment 51550

then, simultaneously with the right hand on the latch (works MUCH better/faster with the Rapid Deployment Latch from M*CARBO; i have it on my other Sub, this one was on my desk at the time) flip the latch open, while simultaneously flipping the weapon open with your left hand. takes a small amount of practice, but you can deploy the weapon very fast (even with the OEM latch); and it looks smooth (and cool). hope this helps
Been trying this method. It works great. the only issue is as I have mentioned before is watching the trigger guard and your fingers.

Also use and practice unodemo method.

Thanks a lot

John (Gort)

·
Registered
131 Posts
the only issue is as I have mentioned before is watching the trigger guard and your fingers.(Gort)
how i described deploying the weapon, your finger would never be near the trigger guard. no issue.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I scored an OD Green one today, Gen2, brand spankin new. And I already know how to unfold and fold, I ask the dang salesman, lol. drool, drool, like the last available without being raped on Gunbroker for a Gen1, yep, grabbed a 33 round magazine on the way to the register too. let the mods begin!

upload_2020-9-21_19-37-25.png

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats! Mine is in tactical peanut butter. :D

Of course you can mod' it immediately. I suggest the immediate addition of a red dot sight unless your bodily dimensions are really tiny. Other than that, shoot it and see what you will need to change. But yet another suggestion and trust me, this is another that you should strongly consider... Opening and closing the action on the s2k is a royal PITA. Figure out and have on hand all the parts you're going to change out. Do them all at the same time. MCarbo was developing parts when I was working on mine (maybe still is?) and I had to open it 3x. It never got easier, I just knew what to look for with experience. I refuse to open it again no matter what parts they offer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! Mine is in tactical peanut butter. :D

Of course you can mod' it immediately. I suggest the immediate addition of a red dot sight unless your bodily dimensions are really tiny. Other than that, shoot it and see what you will need to change. But yet another suggestion and trust me, this is another that you should strongly consider... Opening and closing the action on the s2k is a royal PITA. Figure out and have on hand all the parts you're going to change out. Do them all at the same time. MCarbo was developing parts when I was working on mine (maybe still is?) and I had to open it 3x. It never got easier, I just knew what to look for with experience. I refuse to open it again no matter what parts they offer.
Yummy, peanut butter, survival food and matching gun, that's what I'm talking about!
of course the mods begin immediately ! lol, thanks for the tip. I left hand the fold release, flip it open, flip it over and viola all good. But I'm good at flipping things off. :)
I'd like to add the two finger charging knob.
What red dot sight do you like?
Just took it apart and cleaned the cosmoline smelling gooey oil and got it smoother and smelling like a gun should now.
Mcarbo rocks, pricey parts, but well designed, tested and machined. Worth every dime.
And the aluminum trigger guard would be a heavy duty upgrade.
I like that Mcarbo is Vet friendly as well and makes you feel special about it, I appreciate that.
How is your feeding with it, any need for polishing the ramp?

·
Registered
584 Posts
What red dot sight do you like?
How is your feeding with it, any need for polishing the ramp?
I like Holosun or Primary Arms. Not too expensive and the quality is high.

I never polished the ramp. I put thousands of rounds through mine in competition and saw no wear in the plastic ramp. But those rounds also mostly had polymer coated RN bullets. But the last time I had it apart I had the MCarbo metal feed ramp on hand so I installed it. It'll last forever since I bet I don't have 300 rounds through it since. It just sits in the safe unused. It's been replaced as my comp' PCC.

·
Registered
584 Posts
That's quite a, well, I don't quite know what it is. Not on my gun thanks. I'd have to lug it and all it lacks is a hook to catch the unwary who might strike at it.

edit: I once had a buddy, dead now, who would have loved that. He had really nice firearms and would slap stuff like that on them, as long as it was inexpensive. He brought a rifle over to shoot on my range one day and the sight he loved so much because it had different reticles and colors was totally useless in bright daylight.

I have another buddy who I compete with and he saved $ by buying an obsolete name brand red dot. Or at least I hope he saved $. I've seen his optic run out of juice a number of times while he was actively shooting competitively.

I favor simpler but slightly higher quality items on my firearms. Items that don't fail in use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
lol, I want to keep it low profile and packable. I think the stock sights may be too low, off to the range Thurs to test it out, got 200 rounds of Remington ammo tonight

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah, the stock sights suck. There's no other way to describe them. Put a good red dot on it with a 1/3 riser and you won't be sorry. Just stay away from a "doodad" sight. But try the stock sights first if you must so that you know you did the right thing. A red dot makes the rifle come alive. But in the end it's your rifle to do with as you wish.

My s2k is quite foldable and packable and the red dot when unfolded always returned to zero. It was never off in the years I used it when hits counted. Sometimes the only scorable zone that was available was the small A zone in the head. If I had to pack it I wouldn't feel at all handicapped. I would prefer my present PCC, but it also weighs substantially more and that's a handicap, but it's 2/3 the length and maneuvers better. That's why the s2k is a safe queen.

Another gent was shooting a s2k in competition 2 or more years ago now. His was stock with the open sights. I forget how it came about but I suggested he try my s2k. He returned it a convert. His hits were faster and more accurate. Both characteristics are of high value esp' if it might be used for serious social engagements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gort,

You're welcome. I omitted the fingers meet pinchy trigger guard intel. Experience is a better instructor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
lol, I want to keep it low profile and packable. I think the stock sights may be too low, off to the range Thurs to test it out, got 200 rounds of Remington ammo tonight
Nice...but there goes about 80 to 100 dollars in ammo. OUCH!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That's robbery, but at least you have some.
While it is robbery it is cheaper than some. I hate price gouging. I purchased 1000 rounds 2 weeks ago at 20/box of 50. High way robbery. But I wanted to try out my Sub 2000. Also have a few other 9mm's. Shot the Sub 2000 and loved it. No issues at all have the multi mag (Beretta) with 4mags. Now looking for some accessories.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts